cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do you put your lawn chairs

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
So we downsized from a Class C to a small B and taking her out on her maiden voyage on Saturday. I took about 10 bags of "stuff" out of the C, and got about 3 bags into the B, but can't for the life of me find a place for the lawn chairs. Any suggestions?
23 REPLIES 23

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
I carry two Pico Xpress chairs for general campfire and visiting activity but also carry two zero-gravity lounge chairs for total comfort. Our loungers pack conveniently behind the beds upright in space that would not be used otherwise previously in our Great West Van Legend and now our Advanced RV.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

loving_retireme
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting that no one has mentioned what the real problem is here. I have been RVing in a Class B 190 Roadtrek for 12 years and have attended many rallies with other Class B owners. When it comes to camping chairs for Roadtrek owners some of the most popular are the GCI outdoor xpress lounger director's chair and the GCI Outdoor PICO arm chair because of their ability to fold and store into very small spaces. The xpress which I own will fold to about 17x2x16 and fits in my small clothes closet. The PICO which cost more folds down to 20x4x12.

Get rid of your bulky lawn chairs and purchase some good quality folding chairs.

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
I stand mine up in the bathtub with a bungee to keep them from falling over. They're the old style folding chairs with wooden arms and canvas seat.
john 'I am Canadian'

gdoug83
Explorer
Explorer
We have a RT RS Adventurous 3500. If we take the bag chairs they go under the sofa. If we take the oversize gravity chairs they go in the space between the sofa and wheel wells. When we get to the site they are the first thing out the door.
Doug
2010 RT RS Adventurous
Sprinter 3500

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Strap them to the back of the passenger seat?
Lay them on the bed / couch until destination is reached?
Lay them down in the airle between couch / seats?
Secure them to ladder?
Secure them to spare tire european mount?

I carry mine in back storage area accessible through back doors.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
aguablanco, X2. On the bed till we get there.We have the very old style of folding lawn chairs with the webbing, detest those scissor type folding chairs that are impossible to get out of. JMHO
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Our LTV Free Spirit 210-B class B had fixed twin beds in the rear, with long storage compartments beneath, accessed either inside or when the back doors were opened.

We wore out a couple of sets of cheap umbrella chairs. Finally bought the pricier Pico telescoping ones (see photo in previous post) that are the size of a thick laptop when in the case. Worth it for the good quality. Both kinds of chairs easily fit under those fixed beds. We rarely needed all the storage space, amazingly enough.

401nailhead
Explorer
Explorer
Overhead storage/bunk, which not everyone has. Otherwise, would be in back door, between dinette seats (bed conversion). We plan to keep the rear bed made more often in transit now. Overhead storage is great, but probably costs gas mileage.

sprintstream
Explorer
Explorer
We use the umbrella style folding chairs and can store 4 under the seat/bed in front of the other "stuff" (toolbox, extension cord,hose,etc). Seldom used actually so not sure how much longer we will keep carrying them.
Was living the dream in the Ozarks
Now just living

reppans
Explorer
Explorer
GCI does make very small folding director chairs - I keep 2 GCI Picos under my 3rd seat but 3 or 4 would fit if I didn't have 5 extra gallons of water in there. I also got mine on sale for ~$40 from LL Bean, but that was quite a while ago.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
RnRs-RT wrote:
I have 3 GCI Express Loungers that I carry under the rear dinette seat.
They are director style chairs but they fold down to about the size of a briefcase.

https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-Xpress-Lounger-Directors/dp/B0026VQC0I?th=1

Amazon is saying $82. but I got mine from Pro Bass for $39 a few years ago.

Nice, thanks RnRs

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
I have 3 GCI Express Loungers that I carry under the rear dinette seat.
They are director style chairs but they fold down to about the size of a briefcase.

https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-Xpress-Lounger-Directors/dp/B0026VQC0I?th=1

Amazon is saying $82. but I got mine from Pro Bass for $39 a few years ago.

BillJ999
Explorer
Explorer
We have two folding rocking chairs that we carry on the hitch mounted bike rack. We cover them with a BBQ cover with bungee cords around them.

You_can_t_take_
Explorer
Explorer
I jam ours (4 of the folding type) behind the front seats. 2 on each side.
1960's: Tents.. 1970's: Soft top & Hard top P/U.. 1980's: 17' RV.. 1990's: 24' RV.. 2000's: 2002 Cougar 276EFS; 2005 Laredo 29GS; 2002 GMC 2500HD Ext Cab 4x4; 2015: 2006 Class 'B' Chateau Citation; "(Nfld/Labrador-Yukon/NWT/Alaska-Gaspe', Que./Florida!!)