cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to Sell Motorhome?

CRetiree44
Explorer
Explorer
Althought I love my Jayco Seneca - I find I have to sell it.
Do you know if any of the people who advertise in motorhome magazines
to buy motorhomes are legit?
Would love feedback.
24 REPLIES 24

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
CRetiree44 wrote:
Would love feedback.

Craig's List..... or send a PM to "ol yeller" (on this forum).
The RVs he finds at dealers don't meet with his approval (or wallet).

~

Saw this but I think Schroon Lake is in NY and I am in WA. I'd rather wait for a nice one to pop up a lot closer to home but thanks for thinking of me!

From my experience, if it a very nice RV all you have to do is shout from your front porch, "RV for Sale" and someone passing by will slam on the brakes and shower you with money.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
CRetiree44 wrote:
Would love feedback.

Craig's List..... or send a PM to "ol yeller" (on this forum).
The RVs he finds at dealers don't meet with his approval (or wallet).

~

Mremdal33
Explorer
Explorer
We always use eBay or craigslist. I also used RVT.com once and had success. Part of it is putting up a compelling ad for your RV. So many people dont give enough pictures or details. They only end up getting a portion of the suitable buyers to contact them. If your going the classified route (online or otherwise), I would give this sell my rv in the classifieds article a read.

We once listed our RV in several places and found it almost impossible to keep track of the inquiries. If you havent done it before I would choose one and stick with it till you get a feel for it.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
RV Trader or consign with an RV Dealer
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Holiday27
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist would be the best. I've sold tons of stuff on there including an RV.
2002 27PBS Holiday Rambler (Aluminum sided/roof) Love it!

Previous RV's
'94 Jamboree 22ft. (This beast had a 460 with tons of power)
'95 VW Eurovan camper (5 cyl. dog) Pulled a 3 rail fine though.
Tent:(
Borrowed folks '84 VW Westfalia (water cooled)

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
az99 wrote:
Be VERY VERY cautious with FleaBay and anything to do with PayPal. There are a lot of scams using PayPal and you will find there really was no guarantee.
Actually I have to disagree based on personal experience. I bought a salvage 2001 Corvette convertible for $14,900 on Ebay that turned out to be a Katrina car without a title. Ebay's buyer protection covered me for all but $100.

In the end I made out well when the insurance company that originally salvaged the car, let me take lots of parts off the car before they crushed it.

It was a beautiful car inside and out, ran perfect and all. It got less than 2 inches of water inside, but being "In The Zone" by law they had to destroy it.

You never want to "Depend" on Ebay or Paypal for a refund, but when it went south real bad for me, Ebay had my back. Though in my story the seller was just as much a victum as me, key is to recognize a scam. They are abound all over the web. Any website with things for sale, are vulnerable to scammers.

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
I've even tried in the past to use my coach as a trade with some of the sites that "claim" they will buy your RV....problem is the coaches they have are consigned AND what they will give you for your coach is so far below wholesale value you've got to be nuts to even consider it. Try RVtrader.com and ignore all the calls you will get from brokers who want you to consign your coach.
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

Johnworth914
Explorer
Explorer
I put ads in the free papers. I put ads on Craig's list. I put a sign on it. Finally. Got sick of dealing with people who were not really serious, or who wanted to beat me up on the price. Consigned it with a local dealer, and it was sold in a week. I paid $400 to the dealer, but I saved a lot of time and frustration.
Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!๐Ÿ˜„

Sooboy
Explorer
Explorer
I sold our last RV on Kijiji in roughly 1 week in September. Completely painless and much faster than I expected. Allowed me to shop for a deal on the next rig without having to worry about a trade.
2012 Jayco Embark TB390
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2009 Honda CRV (mini toad)
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 (monster toad)
FMCA #F413428

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had good luck with RV Trader . com www.rvt.com Post lots of good pictures along with a detailed write up. Another forum I check out lets you post ads if you join, www-rvforum.net . The ones who have ads in motorhome mag are real buyers at wholesale price or lower.
Good Selling, Dick

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I sold my last RV on consignment at my local RV dealership. That was the easiest and sweetest sale I have ever experienced. Drop the RV off, No fuss, no muss, no lookey loos coming out to your house, payment problems etc. etc.

They called me with a prospective buyers offer, I accepted, the TT was 'gone in 60 seconds', and a valid check from the dealership was waiting for me to pick up.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Altern wrote:
az99 wrote:
Be VERY VERY cautious with FleaBay and anything to do with PayPal. There are a lot of scams using PayPal and you will find there really was no guarantee.
We have extensive use of Ebay/Paypal for years without problems as you describe. I really must disagree with such a broad statement without some sort of validity or is this just something you heard and are now parroting.
Good for you. Google and see some of the big ticket item scams using PayPal. And I do personally know a person that lost $8K on a PayPal scam.

Just a heads up to the seller. In 2013 it is seller beware also.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Just put a for sale sign on it with your phone number and a reasonable asking price. Park in your driveway if possible. We sold a rig that way when ads in newspaper and online things didn't work.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know any place similar in New York State, but if I had to unload my rig, I'd drive it to a PPL location, pay the 500 bones to have them detail it, set a price that is above the cost of the loan and factors their 10% commission and call it done. I know it won't be the best price, but it is the least amount of trouble.