cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago ERA 70C - Whaddya think?

Weazelll
Explorer
Explorer
Guaranty RV in Junction City Oregon, says they have a 2016 Winnebago Era 70c on order that should be delivered in about 8 weeks. While we have not settled on a price the ballpark figure they gave me was in the low $100s.

Has anyone bought this make and model lately who can tell me if I am anywhere close to a good price? (And who can tell me how they like their rig?)

I've narrowed down my choices to this unit. I like the separate shower the hydronic heating and some other features.

Whaddya think?
11 REPLIES 11

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
Someone who buys solely on price is likely to be disappointed with the service they get from that dealer. I always say pick you dealer first, and the deal second.

In the case of Lichtsinn, you may be in luck. They have a good reputation as well as good prices - but it can be a long drive back there to get service.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

kannon
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought one 3 weeks ago.I offered a price just below 100k.Paid 101+k.I am still trying to learn how everything works.I had an issue with Mercedes out of the gate when my emergency brake froze.Had 3 mechanics look at the problem.A tow truck driver disconnected the brake so that I could move.Mercedes dealer said they could not find an issue.Happy with the Winnebago features.Very happy with push out bed.

trigley
Explorer
Explorer
First find out how much you can save then the answer may be more apparent. Seven years ago i faced a similar decision. I bought a fifth wheel & saved $8,000. I felt It would be unlikely I would spend that on repairs even if I went through independents instead of warranty.
There were a few problems but nothing that needed more than a screwdriver and my actual repair costs were probably under $10.00
I was prepared to pay 3 or 4 thousand more locally but the dealer wouldn't budge. Even though it was a factory order so I was getting the same unit.

Weazelll
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great feedback! Interesting that several of you mentioned Lichstinn. While I think I might get a better deal from them (and wouldn't mind driving it cross country to Oregon to get it home) I wonder about service. I have heard that any new RV is likely to have a number of small things that need to be be fixed or tweaked in those first few months. Any thoughts about buying from Lichstinn but going to another to get issues addressed - especially when the dealer you might use For service is the one you didn't buy from?

Thanks!

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I double the idea of staying near Lichstenthe deal for a couple days and using lij e in the real world. On shore power and dry camping.Cooking, sleeping ,inverter , heater, AC.The whole enchilada (Wife just made me some chicken enchiladas for lunch. Yum).

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Best thing you can do is stay at or near your dealer for a few days while using all the systems you can on the RV to make sure all is ok. (not to mention asking lots of questions)
From that point on in our experience with class B's there usually isn't much of an issue with anything major. We've only had a couple very minor issues with ours that I fixed myself on both of them.
Also realize that your RV dealer will not be the Sprinter's servicing dealer. You have to find a reputable Mercedes or Freightliner Sprinter dealer to do that. (easier said than done in our 2 Sprinter RV life)
It's too bad all RV dealers are't up to the standards that Lichtsinn's has in their dealings and servicing
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
I would highly consider Lichtsinn because of their close connection with Winnebago and I suspect one can get a good deal from them. For me, in Canada, it is a lost cause with the US/Canada exchange rates and other problems with US/Cdn models. Go fer it.

AL

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
Ballpark really means nothing.

Determine the EXACT vehicle build you want- then get a price in writing from a person at the dealer who has the authority to do so.

Mike

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Like was said above check with Lichtsinn.com. We purchased from them, can recommend highly. Our 70A was purchased in April, listed for $108k, we paid right at $78,500. for it, 26% off. I would HIGHLY recommend not taking much less discount than that
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ask Lichtsinn for a quote and delivery date. They have the lowest delivery costs and make the best Winnebago deals. Then decide how much more it is worth to have the RV shipped to a dealer near you, who will likely be the one doing your service and warranty work.

I would not expect deep discounts on first production, first delivery of a new model year. There is just too much demand in that part of the season, with 2015 models yet to be sold. At least it is not a brand new model, just continuation of an established product.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
While we have not settled on a price the ballpark figure they gave me was in the low $100s.

I believe others here have suggested that Winnebago prices their Class B's more like their other RVs, with similar 25-30% discounts from the MSRP, in contrast to other Class B manufactures where it is more like 15-20%. Not sure if that is the case on this model, but the search function here should provide the prior threads.
2013 RT 190-Popular