Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG
36 REPLIES 36

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Watch the video, get a chuckle, think of what you'd do in a similar situation, chuckle again and enjoy the rest of your day. Don't overthink this. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, these people are idiots. Electric fences have insulators. And a cop touched the fence to check it? If you can hand your kids over the fence it can't be very high. A Ford dealer that I worked at, some times, locked up before I was done working on a car; I had to climb over the fence a few times to go home.

Calling them idiots is way too nice, morons is more accurate. What business do you know of that has an electrified fence? The ambulance chasers would have a field day. You will not find an electric fence at an ICBM complex, a military base, or a state or federal penitentiary lol. An RV dealer is going to have one? Internet Drama no doubt.

As far as the units on a Camping World lot your not going to sleep in one overnight, or get to check them out, or get overlooked while in one at closing time. Every Camping World I have ever been to keeps the units locked up and they're only opened if your accompanied by a pushy sales person, and thats if you can find a sales person to begin with.

Once I find the units locked at Camping World or any other dealer that's when I get in the truck and head on down to the next guy that does not keep them locked so they can corner you into the sales BS.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Just like Milehigh says, everything bad that happens pertaining to RV is CW fault. Anything good is co-incidental or due to the very intelligent RVers.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
CW dropped the ball in my opinion. (and that ball wouldn't have far to drop). If that family had wondered back there I might have a different opinion, but someone took them back there and then quit paying attention to them. I've asked more than once what time a Dealer closes, and the canned answer I typically get is "whenever we are done".

I pulled into a parking lot for CW in Colorado Springs on a Sunday and they had the 2nd exit to the parking lot chained off (because the Dealership wasn't open) I couldn't get out with my toad and asked them to unlock it because I couldn't get out. The old crank behind the manager badge wouldn't open it so I had to disconnect and turn around and reconnect right outside her window. I have no sympathy for a company run like that and smile at any bad publicity thrown at them.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a PA system would be ignored, but playing the PA system audio would make a great rebuttal to the idiot's YouTube video on the local news.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even with a PA system, people will ignore it and keep on browsing. We did a 30 minute, 15 minute, 5 minute and a "we're now closed" announcement and we'd still find people just browsing the aisles afterwards like they had all the time in the world. We had people who came to the door a minute or two before closing, say "I just need to get X" and then start browsing the aisles. They just didn't care that we were closing and wanted to go home.

I suspect someone who arrived to look at RVs 30 minutes before closing is someone who will not pay attention to closing announcements, etc. 30 minutes is not enough time to look at one RV, let alone several.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Bruce_Brown
Hard to blame CW on this one.

I'd say there was enough blame in both sides to go around.

Also, may all their troubles be as big.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I'm in the "stay the night in the most expensive rig" camp. Employees needing to clean out and dump and brand new fiver in the morning would probably fix the problem at this particular CW.

There are systemic solutions. Give lone shoppers one of those vibrating pagers they use at restaurants. Install a PA system and announce that the gates will be locked in 15 minutes. I see a new business starting...
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
If it were me, I'd find a comfortable camper and just spend the night!

Great way to test out your next RV! ๐Ÿ™‚
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, these people are idiots. Electric fences have insulators. And a cop touched the fence to check it? If you can hand your kids over the fence it can't be very high. A Ford dealer that I worked at, some times, locked up before I was done working on a car; I had to climb over the fence a few times to go home.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Luck that the Rottweilers werenโ€™t on patrol that night
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Oh please. How ridiculous. Just another example of candidates for the Darwin Awards.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 cw is not at fault. those people said it was about a hour till closing. there fault.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
Having worked retail and witnessed people who arrive moments before closing and think they can just take their time shopping because the employees will just hang around until they are done, I am not convinced this is the fault of CW.

Where were these customers? Did they go inside an RV and hang out thinking employees would check every single one for them? Did they just ignore a comment by the employee who took them to the lot and warned them they had just 30 minutes before closing? Were they just oblivious to what was going on around them?

So much unanswered to arbitrarily blame CW for it.

Agreed. If I am there near closing time and I get locked in on some level it's my fault as well.

X2 BFD
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
toedtoes wrote:
Having worked retail and witnessed people who arrive moments before closing and think they can just take their time shopping because the employees will just hang around until they are done, I am not convinced this is the fault of CW.

Where were these customers? Did they go inside an RV and hang out thinking employees would check every single one for them? Did they just ignore a comment by the employee who took them to the lot and warned them they had just 30 minutes before closing? Were they just oblivious to what was going on around them?

So much unanswered to arbitrarily blame CW for it.

Agreed. If I am there near closing time and I get locked in on some level it's my fault as well.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide