cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Network, Pay as you Go!

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using this plan? If there is, how do you like it? Any problems?

Thanks,
rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA
29 REPLIES 29

greende
Explorer
Explorer
Us out West wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:
For the Pay as you go, you must pay for your 1 month period (example: 16th of the month thru the 15th of the next). You do not disconnect. You also do not get to keep money on the account by trying to suspend. The service runs for that one month of paid service. You have 2 choices, let the service lapse at the end of the 1 month period or pay for the next month. Your savings is in not paying for the months you do not use. As someone said earlier, if your pay period is 16th-15th, you let your service lapse for 5 months of winter and want to start the service on the 13th, you will pay the entire month , for the 2 days of service.

No fees for lapsing or restarting. You most likely will have to call to restart.

Well that's news to me, I've been using the Pay-As-You-Go service for over 4 years now and it operates just as Cajun Bill described. When you call DISH and request them to "Disconnect" your service, your service stops on that date and any unused funds in your account remain there till you restart your service. Then you pay the difference between your credit balance and a full months service.

That's the way it worls fo us too.

:h

Has worked for me the same way for 4+ years.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Cajun Bill - good advice on asking for the RV Group.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Cajun_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:
Us out West wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:
For the Pay as you go, you must pay for your 1 month period (example: 16th of the month thru the 15th of the next). You do not disconnect. You also do not get to keep money on the account by trying to suspend. The service runs for that one month of paid service. You have 2 choices, let the service lapse at the end of the 1 month period or pay for the next month. Your savings is in not paying for the months you do not use. As someone said earlier, if your pay period is 16th-15th, you let your service lapse for 5 months of winter and want to start the service on the 13th, you will pay the entire month , for the 2 days of service.

No fees for lapsing or restarting. You most likely will have to call to restart.

Well that's news to me, I've been using the Pay-As-You-Go service for over 4 years now and it operates just as Cajun Bill described. When you call DISH and request them to "Disconnect" your service, your service stops on that date and any unused funds in your account remain there till you restart your service. Then you pay the difference between your credit balance and a full months service.

Well. Been using the service for over 2 years. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe something changed. I will give it another shot but not long after I started the service I was told this by a DISH CSR. Maybe it works different.

Something you need to understand, DISH is the worst rated employer in the USA year in and year out. Their employee turnover rate is the highest in the nation. That is why you are dealing with poorly trained people that really don't understand how their systems work in the real world.

Having worked for a telecommunications company before, I can tell you what is happening. When you call to "disconnect", you are referred to the "save" department because they are trained to try to keep you as a customer hence they push the "suspend/hold" alternative for $5/month. I suspect that if you keep telling them you want to disconnect, you'll finally get your service suspended which is what you really want to to. Happens to me everytime. Gotta "splain yosef". MIght help if you ask for the RV group, they are more in tune with what "pay as you go" is really all about. Good luck.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's more about understanding how the service actually works...and it works great.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Kiwi_too wrote:
Us out West wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:

Well. Been using the service for over 2 years. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Maybe something changed. I will give it another shot but not long after I started the service I was told this by a DISH CSR. Maybe it works different.

Something you need to understand, DISH is the worst rated employer in the USA year in and year out. Their employee turnover rate is the highest in the nation. That is why you are dealing with poorly trained people that really don't understand how their systems work in the real world.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Us out West wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Cajun Bill - Thank you! I'll check into that and yes, I believe the credit limit is probably the 6 months since their hold is 6 months too.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:

Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Kiwi_too wrote:

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad

Cajun_Bill
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
We've had this service since we had a Trav'ler installed on our fifth wheel. We like this option. We were able to select what range of channels we wanted. As long as we don't call in, we've got service, well, as long as there is no interruption. What I mean by that is that if we don't watch TV for a little over a week, then we have to call in and resend the signal to the receiver. At the end of our traveling season, we call in and place the service on hold. I think there's a $5 a month charge for this, can't remember. This hold is for 6 months only and at six months it comes back on or we call in earlier. No restart fee, just the hold fee I mentioned and the regular monthly fee.

You don't have to pay the $5/month fee if you just "disconnect" the service (rather than put it on hold) when you're not going to use it for awhile and then "reconnect" it when you're ready to use it again. When you "disconnect", any $$ left will be held as a credit on your account and when you reconnect, you will just have to pay the balance for the next 30 days. I have actually "disconnected" for a week and then reconnected it for a weekend and was only charged a few $$ and then I disconnected it after the weekend. I think the credits have a time limit of some sort, maybe 6 months, but I'm not sure.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is the typical experience with the Dish PAYG service.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I activated my Dish Pay-As-You-Go subscription through Dishformyrv.com. All I do to stop the service is not pay the next month's bill. To restart, I just sign into my online Dish account and select which plan I want for the next month and which CC to charge it to.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We've had this service since we had a Trav'ler installed on our fifth wheel. We like this option. We were able to select what range of channels we wanted. As long as we don't call in, we've got service, well, as long as there is no interruption. What I mean by that is that if we don't watch TV for a little over a week, then we have to call in and resend the signal to the receiver. At the end of our traveling season, we call in and place the service on hold. I think there's a $5 a month charge for this, can't remember. This hold is for 6 months only and at six months it comes back on or we call in earlier. No restart fee, just the hold fee I mentioned and the regular monthly fee.