cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Mounted Satellite Dishes

ionebears
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I have a 2010 Winnebago Access Class C RV. Recently went to Camping World to purchase a satellite dish. Decided on the Winegard Pathway X2 portable. Even though the RV is wired for satellite, I found out that it isn't wired for a portable satellite. According to Winnebago, if I choose the portable satellite I will lose the capability to hook up to cable that could be provided by a RV park. So that leaves me with the option of a roof mounted satellite, like the Winegard Pathway X1. Since I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a satellite dish. Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?

Thanks, Dee
7 REPLIES 7

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
If you get near Houston TX and you want a satellite expert who can work wonders, call Dave at Sats2Go He is awesome. He set up satellite in our bedroom by putting in splitters in the front and back when others quoted astronomical prices to run new cable. We drive there from Florida to have him work on our satellite.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want roof mounted, you're gonna have to spend a few bucks to get something that will work flawlessly. Wineguard Trav'ler is the only way to go.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

judelaurenzo25g
Explorer
Explorer
dahkota wrote:
I use the pathway x2 on my satellite/cable connection. I don't need cable when using satellite. But, I did once, on a quick overnight stay, just use the campgrounds cable rather than setting up the dish. It was no problem. No, I can't hook them both up at once through the rv connection but my satellite gets more channels than any cable I have come across. I think your dealer was incorrect in stating that it wasn't wired for portable satellite - I have no special wiring.
or you can install this... if you dont want to go through a window or door.
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
I use the pathway x2 on my satellite/cable connection. I don't need cable when using satellite. But, I did once, on a quick overnight stay, just use the campgrounds cable rather than setting up the dish. It was no problem. No, I can't hook them both up at once through the rv connection but my satellite gets more channels than any cable I have come across. I think your dealer was incorrect in stating that it wasn't wired for portable satellite - I have no special wiring.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Run the coax thru a window or around the slide seal and plug it into the receiver. Whats so hard about that?

you can buy a 6 inch or so piece of flat TV cable that a door/window can shut on.
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cheapest way is to get your own tripod and dish.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Run the coax thru a window or around the slide seal and plug it into the receiver. Whats so hard about that?