cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition SIZE

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Don't want to get the whole debate going again. Just looking for the size of the update. I have been saving up my Roll-over data to do this update but not sure how much data to expect this update to use. Any idea? Thank you for your help and keeping your replies on point.

Edited to add: I have wifi connection set to Metered for my HotSpot. I have about 8 gb of rollover data available this month (in addition to my normal monthly plan),that I plan to use to install the updates I have been putting off including the Anniversary Update 1607. I am in a 4G area now and would prefer to do the updates at the RV so I can do other things at home while the updates are loading.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited
6 REPLIES 6

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
The anniversary "update" is not really an update, it's a new version of Windows.

You can download the media creation tool and create a USB stick for the update, to install on multiple computers. Costs about 3.5gb.

Otherwise each computer you have will want to download it's own copy.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Get a good book to read. Mine updated yesterday and it took about 6 hours. I hate these forced updates.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
thank you to everyone who has responded. I will post back once I do the download to let you know how long it took and how much data. I plan to do this next Wednesday.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would make two recommendations
One. In settins there is one that will prevent updates from happening when you are using Cellular data bytes... I can research it if you like but I know you connect and you set the connection as "Metered" and I think there is one other setting.

Second. Many public Wi-Fi places. Eateries, Lowes, home Depot, Wal-marts, McDonalds, and public libraries (small fee at some of those,m like 2 bucks) I'd get to one of those for the update if possible Or a campground with Free Wi-Fi. Or even paid Wi-Fi.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jdavidsmi
Explorer
Explorer
I did not look at the size, but it too about 4 hours to install and finally start working. Starting getting some popup before the password page i cannot figure how to turn off. Tap the button to do XYZ, what button???
2004 Fleetwood Terra 31H (no slides) F53 with V-10

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Per Google: about 3.5GB.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015