cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious to what age where you when you bought your first R.V...I was 27 and bought a pop up...37 now and got a TT
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle
118 REPLIES 118

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
32 y/o when we bought our first PUP in 1988. Prior to that, we borrowed my parent's tent camper (canvas top PUP). We've now had two PUP's, an HTT, and now our sig TT ever since...
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

Holly-n-Matt
Explorer
Explorer
This is a fun thread! I am 34 and my husband is 37...we went right from tent to TT. We did rent a TT last year though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
We thought we were in heaven at 28 years old and off the ground with our new baby and POS popup.

taviking22
Explorer
Explorer
I was 30.

We were expecting our 2nd child and needed to upgrade to a larger tent or... we ended up getting a Scamper pop-up trailer. I wish I had logged officially how many miles we pulled the Scamper. It went throughout the Rockies, the East coast, and across Canada. Some of our best family memories happened with that little RV for the 18 years we had it.

Once our last daughter was in college we went from the pop-up to a hybrid TT. When she graduated we went to a TT, eventually to a 5W, and then last year to the 5W we now have. Our two kids have long since been grown up and how have their own pop-up and a TT, and are creating their own memories for their families.
taviking22
Omaha, NE

'06 2500HD Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ, Firestone air bags
2008 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
2012 Jayco Pinnacle 31RLTS

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
Man that awesome to hear stories like that...Some of my funniest times were in a tent or a popup picking music with my girls at night...
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
I was 40 when I bought my TT, but up until now used mom and dads 14foot 1970 Aristacrat, or a verarity of tents. THe wife and I use to backpack quiet a bit until we had the kids. I can tell you going from mom and dads to my rig was heavenly as I actually have space to change my mind, and mine is not that big.
2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

beckid
Explorer
Explorer
We started out tenting at 25. At 40 it was time for a pop-up. Then 6 years later a 30' TT. Now a 35' Motorhome. Just got it this month and we love it! But I remember starting when I was 5 years old, my dad would hitch up the 15' Shasta and we would take off for 6 glorious summer weeks of National Parks! Every summer (folks were educators) we got to see the US, Canada, and Mexico from a succession of Shasta, Kenskill and Airstream TTs. I was even our state representative at the Airstream Teen Queen pageant in Louisville. Does that count?
Me '54
Him '58
Rain the Awesome Aussie
Maggie the wonderdog over the RB 4/16
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX 34N

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
When we were 24 we took our 1yr old Daughter with us on a camping trip with our tent. After one night of thunderstorms and a flooded tent we decided it was time to upgrade. A week later I actually bought 2 pop ups. Found one in the paper for $800 so I went and looked at and bought it. The next day I'm driving through our subdivision and here's a guy cranking one up in his front yard. I was just curious so I pulled over and asked him if he was putting it up for sale. 10 minutes and $350 later I was pulling it home. Called my aunt and uncle who happened to be on the same camping trip a week earlier with us and sold them the $800 one.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
My first "RV" was a canoe and a tent. I still have them.
We bought our pop-up when I was 50, then to a HTT, and now the TT. All paid for when I took them off the lot.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Does a Volkswagen bus with a bed and ice box qualify? Sixteen years old.

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
22 bought my first pop up
27 bigger pop up
31 small TT
33 current TT.
All used, all excellent condition, all cash money.
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7

sharibartling
Explorer
Explorer
Well. Last year we bought a Winnebago 2003 one slide out but nice. Took to lake mcconaughy, that's where our life changing decision was made. We came back to Fort Collins, told our government Job's they are gonna have to run the country by themselves because we're starting a new adventure! We know a couple fulltimers and they encouraged us... So, we traded in our 30ft 1 slide to 40 ft 3 slide and at the end of the year we're on our way ๐Ÿ™‚ oh to answer your question Husband is 62 I'm 57 ๐Ÿ˜‰

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Just after I turned 27, we bought our toyhauler (in sig).
Just after I turned 28, we bought the 'new truck' (in sig).

Before the toyhauler, we spent many nights in the backend of a short bed truck with a cab-height camper shell. Saw the sights of Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and more sleeping in that truck... It sure was fun!
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

dwayneb236
Explorer
Explorer
I was 44 when my wife and I got our first popup. Have always had tents... Sold the popup couple of years ago and now have a very nice TT with tons of room at the age of 50. We absolutely love it..The popup and tents served their purpose.
2016 Ford F350 XLT DRW 6.7 SuperCrew 4X4 8 Ft Box
2016 Brookstone 395RL