RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

alternative to dirt around campsite?

We have our 33 foot TT at a seasonal site and were looking for options to put down over this area of dry powdery dirt that is on our site. Our 2 boys playing always find a way to get their shoes very dirty every weekend. We can't use mulch because of...

al7601 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Power Inverter Issues

Hello,I just bought my first travel trailer a couple of weeks ago and it’s the first camper I’ve ever owned. The trailer is currently wired up to a power inverter that is not currently working. I went ahead and ordered a new 1000 watt power inverte...

Just Loving It

Just feeling excited. We are officially bug bitten by camping. We took delivery of our first ever TT on the 16th of April. Today marks the beginning of our 4th trip. Back to Del Mar on Camp Pendleton!! Just 3 days this time but it's great to be able ...

Dealer omissions? Delamination

I have finally figured out what I want in a fifth wheel and went out to a few dealerships to get some in-person perspective. I was shown one that would fit the bill quite nicely. A 2013 Sundance 3300 (38'). That said I noticed some bubbles near t...

1382jcs by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Disconnect Switch Questions

Hello,I just bought my first travel trailer a couple of weeks ago and it’s the first camper I’ve ever owned. I have a few questions on the battery disconnect switch.1. If I am plugged into hookups at a campground should I have the battery switch tur...

First trip

Starting soon, Tampa area to Nova Scotia, PEI, etc..Traveling alone with my cat, both of us newbies to this. Any thoughts or ideas?

Crossing the US/Canada Border - tight driving?

I plan to take my 36 ft 5th wheel to the greater Vancouver, BC area from Seattle. Having driven by car many times, I know that there are tight turns and barriers to drive through. Which entry point is the most user friendly for maneuvering a large 5t...

1977 Dodge Power Wagon Camper

Hello Everyone,I found a 1977 Dodge Power Wagon 4X4 camper that I am thinking about purchasing. I don't know a ton about this camper but am very interested in it and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were. The guy wants $2800 for it. It has the ...

Tonw07 by Explorer
  • 84 replies
  • 0 likes

Drilling into the A frame

Hello and thanks all in advance.I am mounting a pair of 6V batteries to the top of the trailer tongue and was wondering if I could drill two 1/4 screws? The batteries wont fit on the intended spot without the box and I would like to keep it away fro...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Couple things that work out great

Wife and I just finished a 7 month snowbiding trip. Loved every min of trip. We were talking this morning of what we want to do to RV to make it more enjoyable next long trip. When we were talking we got side tracked on what was our biggest helpf...

path1 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

CO detectors and stinky trees

Two days in and I just got my first lesson in "What not to do with your trailer." One of the first things I did when we brought our trailer home was to hang a pine scented stinky tree inside. My son commented that this particular stinky tree was qu...

Tow car fuse

Is there a fuse I need to pull from my tow car before starting my trip?

Introduction and Hello

Hello all -My wife and I bought our first travel trailer today. We live in PHoenix and have been tent camping out of the back of a Jeep for decades and finally decided to come in out of the rain. Thank you to all who have posted tips and tricks her...

Traveling By RV: How to Reduce Your Expenses

Do you enjoy traveling? If you do, you may want to examine RV trips. Traveling by RV is not only a great way to get to your destination, but it is also a relatively affordable way to vacation and see all that the United States has to offer. As pre...

Rental/RoadTrip Question

I want to take my family on a road trip out west (from Alabama) on Route 66,and through Yellowstone, while traveling/staying in an RV. However, we don't own an RV or Travel Trailer and would need to rent one. I don't want to spend a small fortune to ...