cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting ready for a trip.

HeeHawHoney
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting ready to load the RV with the necessities for our Labor Day weekend at the beach. I am not looking forward to the packing process. When I am lugging bags, and laundry baskets, of supplies out of the house, is when one of the benefits of being full-time is very apparent.

My question is this:

Do any of you have any tips that make loading the RV a little easier?
"The Hilton"
2002 Jayco 3100SS
Brett and Tracy and Bella (The Beautiful Bulldog)
My Blog - Alabama Overdrive
Pic of "The Hilton"
Pic of "The Beautiful Bulldog"
Pic of Brett and Tracy
38 REPLIES 38

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
newman fulltimer wrote:
leave it packed

+1

The only thing we take out of our 5er is bread and milk. The fridge runs all summer. When we winterize, we only remove the freezable stuff.

Yes we have "camper clothes" too.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Rwebby
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
leave it packed
same. ours is always packed and ready. If we are leaving again after getting back from a trip we leave the fridge stocked and plugged in. All laundry , bedding goes in gets washed and returned right after.
2007 Keystone Cougar
2014 GMC sierra 2500 HD 6.6 Duramax

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
newman fulltimer wrote:
leave it packed

X2. Leave it packed and ready to go. We have always done this. After the laundry is done it all goes back in for the next outing

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
We keep our trailer at a storage site. The day before we leave we bring it home and turn on the fridge. Next day we bring out the food and put it in the fridge, put our clothes into closet or drawers and head out.

Everything else we need is always in the trailer.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:
leave it packed

This is what we do. The fridge is cold and has condiments and all the staples that can be left in the TT are there all summer.
There's also a supply of medications, personal hygiene junk (basically a whole medicine cabinet) and pretty much everything but a couple changes of clothes and some food items. I takes us about 15 minutes to pack and unpack each trip.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We outfitted ours with dishes and cooking necessities, pots and pans, silverware etc. and just put our food and clothes in when we go. What more do you need? All the tables, chairs, grill and screen tent are kept in the basement all the time. We can be ready to head out in 30 minutes. Fun is waiting.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
At the start of the campin' season, we stock most everything except frig foods and specific clothes. When we decide to head out, it's pretty much turn on the frig, fill it, grab some clothes and go.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Obviously a checklist. The older you get, the more you appreciated them.

We load stuff into a large Rubbermaid bin and go back and forth with that.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
leave it packed