cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful Smartphone Apps

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
OK, disclaimer: I am a techie, and rely on my smartphone for just about everything! Since I am new to the RV world, I needed to find some apps that would help me out not to make a lot of mistakes, found a few that seemed to work well, and thought I would share. Keep in mind, I have not done extensive testing on them yet, but they are promising so far! (PS: I get no compensation, not associated with any of the developers - just a plain old user)

1) Navigation - CoPilot Live (iOS and Android)
I really like this app so far. Since I use GPS for work, I am very used to using it off my phone - but it routed me through areas WAY too small/twisty for me and my 32' TT. CoPilot has an RV mode where you can set minimum bridge height, and routes you through more appropriate roads. Seems good so far, I will keep plugging away at it though

2) RV Parky (Android)
Gives you the locations of all sorts of resources based on your current location: repairs, Walmarts, campgrounds, etc.

3) RV Checklists (Android)
I like this because it comes with newbie-friendly setup/breakdown/get packed sort of checklists, more to make sure I dont forget things like disconnect the sway controller when backing up, etc...

Anyone else have anything that has worked well for them?

Thanks!

Bob
2013 Forest River Surveyor Select 305 SV
2011 F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD
22 REPLIES 22

panamacamper1
Explorer
Explorer
Priority network app 10 bucks but tells you all the camp grounds / rv service locations / best routes.

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
Some great APPs are those that offer "free" apps for a day. I use AppGratis & AppsGoneFree but there are others.
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
Farm Camp wrote:
I'd add "iExit" for iOS

also for android
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
I'm curious as well. The CoPilot Truck HD is $150, the Live Premium HD is $14.

Howdy!

Only reason I see to upgrage to Co-pilot Truch HD is if your RV is over 13'. My 5er is 13' and the Premium work fine.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
dan-nickie wrote:
Orcusomega wrote:

2) RV Parky (Android)
Gives you the locations of all sorts of resources based on your current location: repairs, Walmarts, campgrounds, etc.

Thanks for this one.
I think the actual name of the app is RV Park Finder.

Nope. RV Parky is correct at least for Android. I think it was developed by a member of this forum.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

in5r
Explorer
Explorer
AroundMe is helpful, locate plces around you by category. Fun ones for dark nights and star gazing etc. Is satellite ar , and iss detector. Satellite ar points out potentialy visable satellites and iss detector keeps you posted of space station viewing times based on your current location. These are available on android platform, not sure about iphone.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 CC SB
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS

jasult
Explorer
Explorer
Orcusomega wrote:
EricGT wrote:
Orcusomega wrote:

I really like this app so far. Since I use GPS for work, I am very used to using it off my phone - but it routed me through areas WAY too small/twisty for me and my 32' TT. CoPilot has an RV mode where you can set minimum bridge height, and routes you through more appropriate roads. Seems good so far, I will keep plugging away at it though

Did you buy the Copilot Live Premium HD or the Copilot Truck HD?

THIS is the one that I got - I think it was $14... It is not the truck version...

Bob

(Edit: make clicky)

Bob - i also run CoPilot Live Premium USA and it as RV mode.
This gps works perfect once you start learning it.
Jim & Georgeanne + Lucie the beagle
"excavator" on the DieselStop.Com
1999 F350 CC LB Hydra chip
1996 F250 Powerstroke, Tony tunes, BTS trans
1995 Fleetwood Wildness 30 ft 5ver

Our Camping Pics and 5ver Album here
Our Gettysburg trip 2010
Williamsburg, Va

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
EricGT wrote:
Orcusomega wrote:

THIS is the one that I got - I think it was $14... It is not the truck version...

Bob

(Edit: make clicky)

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Orcusomega wrote:

2) RV Parky (Android)

Thanks for this one.
I think the actual name of the app is RV Park Finder.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious as well. The CoPilot Truck HD is $150, the Live Premium HD is $14.

EricGT
Explorer
Explorer
Orcusomega wrote:

2015 Thor A.C.E. 30.1 -'AliCE'

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
Go Dogs wrote:
1. Swiss Army Knife
2. Gas Buddy
3. Scout
4. Google Earth and Sky Map
5. WeatherBug
6. Scanner Radio
7. Red Laser
8. OverDrive Media

I just checked out Swiss Army Knife - and DUH - I like it 🙂 Especially the leveling bubble, makes it a lot easier to set on the floor of the TT with the door open - then I can see how/where/well I sit 🙂

Thanks!

Minnesota_is_Ho
Explorer
Explorer
We also do the leveler app, ours is called iHandy Level for iphone. I'll say that it's pretty funny watching people see us set our phone on the camper. They look and then look again. It's a pretty accurate bugger too! We also use The Weather Channel app for radar, though when the storm actually hits, nothing beats the good ol' weather band radio that hubby keeps good batteries in. At times we've also used the iphone for him to hear my directions on backing in. Speakerphone keeps me from hollering at him. :W

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
Try:

Passport: Your National Parks
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic