cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spray hose by toilet

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
On some rv's i see what looks like a spray hose like you see on a kitchen sink by the toilet, looking at the wall and floor it does not look like a wet bath, what would you use that hose and spray nozzle for?
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000
49 REPLIES 49

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
I've never used one.. When I use the toilet, I "spray" everything clean myself. ๐Ÿ˜„
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
Something else that needs winterizing with Pink stuff.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Since we exclusivly dry-camp and want to save power, we use it in place of our Water Pik. :E

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
Works as a bidet substitute in a pinch.

The words "bidet" and "pinch" should not be in the same sentence. :B

Odessa_Grandma
Explorer
Explorer
Sprink-Fitter wrote:
Odessa Grandma wrote:
Got the popcorn...... Anybody close with a diet coke ?? Love this post!!!

I am thinking maybe I should not have asked the question. Our toy hauler does not have a sprayer but I see some trailers do so I was just curious.

So glad you did, been feeling a bit down the past couple of days (leaving the sunny but cool State of Florida to return to the absolutely totally miserable State of Missouri) in other words "back to the real world". All the crazy responses you got made my day!!
Grandma and Grandpa
MO
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 21FBRS
2015 Dodge Ram 1500

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
Randu wrote:
I've got one and use it at least once a day to give the bowl a good rinse. If you watch, the water flows in small streams about 2" apart (at least on mine) which leaves a lot of surface area that don't rinse. Urine splatters in area that don't get rinsed make toilet area smell bad. Its a nice extra to have. Randu

The 310 takes care of that handily (for the urine at least). It squirts the water out sideways along the bowl and as the water drops down it covers the full bowl. Probably one of the better ideas for rv's in a really long time. It also helps to swirl the bowl contents to help detach it from the bowl walls which reduces the amount of bear clawing.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
brownieab wrote:
Ok, now that I'm done laughing I have a question. Are these things plumbed to the cold or hot water ?? Hot water would wash better but it may get too hot for body parts. Which brings up?? Are they adjustable ???? Why not drag in the outside shower ???

They are hooked up on a stub on the toilet vacuum breaker. Water pressure to them is on only when flushing toilet.

They are just like the kitchen sink sprayer.......on via lever on handle and spray is based on available water pressure.
If you have a sub on toilet vacuum breaker you can buy a sprayer at any hardware store with hose and hose clamp. Just drill opening in that stub and install.
Nothing 'special' RV about them.

You could drag in the outside shower IF the hose is long enough to reach from outside into the bathroom.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
Odessa Grandma wrote:

I am thinking maybe I should not have asked the question. Our toy hauler does not have a sprayer but I see some trailers do so I was just curious.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Andym133 wrote:
I thought it was a water pick. No wonder my wife looks at me like I'm crazy.

@#$%$#@! Coffee on my laptop again! :B
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

brownieab
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, now that I'm done laughing I have a question. Are these things plumbed to the cold or hot water ?? Hot water would wash better but it may get too hot for body parts. Which brings up?? Are they adjustable ???? Why not drag in the outside shower ???

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
No diet coke, but i know where i can get you a glass of water!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Odessa_Grandma
Explorer
Explorer
Grandma and Grandpa
MO
2017 Flagstaff Microlite 21FBRS
2015 Dodge Ram 1500

et2
Explorer
Explorer
You mean it's not for rinsing out the toothbrush?? :E

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
Would not leave home without one....
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
the domectic 310 comes with or without the sprayer. it is handy to have to clean the skid marks in the bowl. even flushing twice does do that great a job. some people like one of the above posters have had troubles with the spray head not wanting to shutoff.

I bought one for my Dometic 310 for about $50 on Amazon. It's got the vacuum brake included. It's sitting on my workbench as the wife did not want it. PM me if anyone wants it cheap.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"