Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

$600K Of Marijuana Seized in MH Near Joliet, IL

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
pulled this item from a local online news source:

"JOLIET, IL โ€” A 64-year-old California man is detained in the Will County Jail on drug trafficking charges and the 190 pounds of marijuana that was found in his recreational vehicle has been confiscated by the Will County Sheriff's Department, authorities announced.

The traffic stop of Michael Glenn Silliman happened at 8:30 a.m. along I-80 near Briggs Street, police said. A Will County Sheriff's vehicle parked along I-80 spotted the California RV "with the windshield wipers turned on because of the rain but the vehicle did not have its headlights on as required by law," police stated.

Silliman, who hails from Huntington Beach, Calif., was driving alone and told police he was coming from California to visit friends, according to police. Eventually, the Will County Sheriff's Police searched his RV and police say they found 190 pounds of marijuana, 1 THC vape pen, 6.1 grams of meth and a meth pipe.

Authorities said the marijuana has a street value of $600,000.

Silliman was set to have a bail hearing on Tuesday at the Will County Courthouse."

source: https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/600k-marijuana-seized-near-joliet-will-co-police
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle
74 REPLIES 74

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
As you age you'll find that many "cures" for aches and pains are no longer effective. That said if you are active you'll find MM products will help you like no others. Most of older America that have tryed these products are better off.
On the other front America is accepting weed at a fast rate. But as with any product "you" are the one responsible. I don't drink and drive and I do not use MM THC products either when not in a controlled atmosphere like the backyard, family room or bedroom. At 72 life is good and with my medical history it is super with MM.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

am1958
Explorer
Explorer
Oh dear.. So many with no sense of humour...

But Cloud Dancer seemed to take it as it was intended...

Boon Docker wrote:
^^ Getting more hilarious by the minute. :B

Driving behind Cheech and Chong in that van will do that to you!!
:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^ Getting more hilarious by the minute. :B

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
am1958 wrote:
Cloud Dancer wrote:
I have my heart, arteries, lungs, kidneys and blood twice a year.

What do you do with them for the rest of the year? ๐Ÿ˜‰

'That' was kinda funny,

butt, we'in purty moocha no what'ta he'in talkin 'bout.....

Words can be misspelled, lack most vowels, and we can still understand what folks are trying to say.

I knew what Cloud dancer was saying. Simple enough to understand, unless, maybe, partaking of the stuff that was seized in this original post.......

Lakeside

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sunday is the proofreader's day off,....sorry.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
am1958 wrote:
Cloud Dancer wrote:

An Android?

am1958
Explorer
Explorer
Cloud Dancer wrote:

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Personally, I'm very serious about how I approach flying and driving. I have studied both, and I'm very good at both. I have my heart, arteries, lungs, kidneys and blood checked twice a year. I just got a new prescription for my eye glasses. In my entire life I've never weighed more than 175 lbs.
I've never made contact with another vehicle while on a public road. I've learned a lot about driving very fast, on racetracks. I also learned a lot about crashing, on racetracks. I've never done recreational drugs. I have mixed feelings about legal marijuana.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:
lakeside013104 wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Sad world where so many people have to find some sort of artificial sense of well being. Hence the huge drug problems running rampant and getting worse. And then the people like the ones mentioned by the OP that want to make a ton of money off those seeking a fake high. Why? just why?

The kind of "drug" I like is the one found in the great outdoors. I call it "fresh air". I like the high I get from being parked by a lake with the TT, walking outside on a clear dark night looking at the immensity of the stars. The gentle sound of the soft wind wafting through the trees. The sound of a nearby stream, with the water tumbling over the rocks. The scent of campfire smoke drifting past.

It's a great feeling, a natural high. The enjoyment of life

Life is good, it really is, and I don't need fake happiness.

Hope you get well soon.

Your post was refreshing and so true.

Lakeside

Try some of a product called CHILL it is CBD and THC. It works wonders on aches and pain and don't worry you won't get high. There are plenty of folk using this for surgerys and all kinds of muscular pain.
As for nature THC just expands not dampens the outdoors..... just saying.

Each to their own.

'Pursuit of Happiness', I won't infringe on yours, please do the same back at me. Including not crossing the center line while your enjoying nature under the effects of THC.

Lakeside

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
lakeside013104 wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Sad world where so many people have to find some sort of artificial sense of well being. Hence the huge drug problems running rampant and getting worse. And then the people like the ones mentioned by the OP that want to make a ton of money off those seeking a fake high. Why? just why?

The kind of "drug" I like is the one found in the great outdoors. I call it "fresh air". I like the high I get from being parked by a lake with the TT, walking outside on a clear dark night looking at the immensity of the stars. The gentle sound of the soft wind wafting through the trees. The sound of a nearby stream, with the water tumbling over the rocks. The scent of campfire smoke drifting past.

It's a great feeling, a natural high. The enjoyment of life created by focusing on the good things, the positive, rather than all the things not in my favor.

Life is good, life is great and I consider it a blessing to be part of it. Life can be what you make it. People can choose to look only at the bad, then load up on mind altering drugs to escape, or they can look at all that's good, and smile and choose happiness. Attitude and outlook.....

I'm kinda crippled up right now, right arm in a sling, after Oct 30 surgery to fix a very badly damaged shoulder from a work injury. Can't sleep without severe discomfort, can't function normally, can't work, can't really do much, but I greet every day with a smile, thankful for the awesome life I have been so richly blessed with. I took a few pain killers for the first week to soften the intense pain, but quickly tossed them and chose to move forward.

Hope you get well soon.

Lakeside

Try some of a product called CHILL it is CBD and THC. It works wonders on aches and pain and don't worry you won't get high. There are plenty of folk using this for surgerys and all kinds of muscular pain.
As for nature THC just expands not dampens the outdoors..... just saying.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
When the drug dog gives his handler the look, you know youโ€™re SOL.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
Wonder what the cops used for PC to search the RV? I mean, it was just a headlight violation after all.

If I was a guessing man, probably the overwhelming odor of 100 lbs of weed in the motor vehicle...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:

It's a great feeling, a natural high. The enjoyment of life created by focusing on the good things, the positive, rather than all the things not in my favor.

Life is good, life is great and I consider it a blessing to be part of it. Life can be what you make it. People can choose to look only at the bad, then load up on mind altering drugs to escape, or they can look at all that's good, and smile and choose happiness. Attitude and outlook.....

I'm kinda crippled up right now, right arm in a sling, after Oct 30 surgery to fix a very badly damaged shoulder from a work injury. Can't sleep without severe discomfort, can't function normally, can't work, can't really do much, but I greet every day with a smile, thankful for the awesome life I have been so richly blessed with. I took a few pain killers for the first week to soften the intense pain, but quickly tossed them and chose to move forward.

Hope you get well soon.

Lakeside

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's an ambulance man. True fans will catch it.
Now that big tax money is involved it will be as welcomed as booze was. You don't have to partake of either one if you don't want to.
Live and let live.
Puma 30RKSS