Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A word of thanks to Keystone Ford in PA

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hopefully this is in the right location

On April 1st we were traveling North on I-81 from NC to MA towing a 40' 5th wheel when our 2006 Ford F-350 diesel dually started to throw white โ€œsmokeโ€ from the tail pipe. We pulled over and upon checking the radiator found no water. No water in the oil, and no broken hoses. Well, we were stuck and panicing. We looked up and noticed we were ยฝ mile from the next exit and saw a Ford dealer sign. I checked on my smart phone and found the Ford dealership. From the moment I called them my wife and I were treated like kin. The receptionist quickly got me to Tracy who confirmed for me they had a diesel mechanic and although their lot was very crouded went outside to see if there was somewhere I could unload my 40 5er. She not only said I could unload it so the truck could be serviced but I could park it there until the truck was repaired. I limped up to the dealership where she met with me and guided me to the area where she arranged for the camper.

The 10 star service did not end there. The moment I unloaded the camper, they brought the truck in and before I got the camper set up told me what was wrong and how long it would take to fix. Not only did they have the truck diagnosed but the parts department had the right parts at the right time. They went overboard being sure we were as comfortable and welcome as we could be under the circumstances. I know that there are many persons on their team that I forgot names, but a special thanks to Darian for being sure we were okay, Tracy from arranging everything, the mechanic, Dave, who did an excellent job and also came in special at 4 A.M. the next morning to compete the repair early so we could be on our way, the managers, and other staff that assisted.

I highly recommend Keystone Ford @ 301 Walker Rd, Chambersburg, PA (717-709-6276) as your dealship or if in need for service or repair. I can not give them enough credit for what they did. I give their people, team, service a 10 star rating out of 5 stars. The Ford company ought to be very proud of this dealer and hold them as a โ€œcandleโ€ for other dealships. They deserve Ford's highest award for execllence in all areas.

Joel Cohen
Full time RV camper
11 REPLIES 11

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's always nice to read of outstanding customer service!! Thanks for sharing!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
brirene wrote:
Thanks for posting that positive report. As a fellow 6.0 owner, what was the diagnosis and fix?

Please pardon the delay. Where I am now we have no internet and have t go to the library. They had to replace the ERG valve which caused the white smoke and the loss of fluid. That was the main problem. I asked them about the ERG by-pass kit and they said that if I was going to keep the truck long term, then that would be a good thing to do, but they could not do it because they were a Ford dealership.

Here is a list of things I remember them doing. Some I asked them to check since they had the truck.
Found a leak in the turbo which might have caused a limp mode fault a while ago. There is a duct that runs to the turbo on the drivers side that had some holes in it. They had to remove some stuff to get to it.

Ran a full diagnostic. Updated software.

Fixed the rear dually tire that another Ford dealer put on so I could not get to the valve.

Replaced coolant.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the good reports. Everyone please remember to post them on www.rvservicereviews.com
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!!! What a great experience, well after the break-down that is. Sorry to hear you had troubles on the road but it sounds like God was on your side that day and took pretty good care of you!! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

It's comforting to hear there are caring service people out there willing to go the extra "mile" for you.

Dan

dennisgt60
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing this.
2012 F-250 XLT, 6.2L, 4x4, CC, Standard Bed, 10,000lb. GVWR, 3.73 Axle.
Truck CAT Wt. 7,120 lbs.
Stated payload max. 2,881 lbs.
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8282ws.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar experience with Princeton Ford in Princeton, NJ a number of years ago, also towing a 5th wheel. I'm glad to see Ford is still there for it's customers.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting that positive report. As a fellow 6.0 owner, what was the diagnosis and fix?
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

todouble
Explorer
Explorer
Love hearing these positive stories. Most are negative which can be helpful but the positives are too few between! Glad they took care of ya

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Good info, thanks for sharing.

Why not post it on RVSERVICEREVIEWS.COM?

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Great report. Glad to hear there are good dealers out there and thanks for mentioning there name.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to hear stories of good service.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB