cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adco trailer covers

MFthorn10
Explorer
Explorer
I have(and now on my third one)an Adco designer series cover with tyvek. They all have worn out and torn after only a couple years due to
the direct southern UV exposure to the sun. Has anyone tried an additional UV spray on sealant to protect the fabric for longer life of the cover and which has the best result? I see a TREK7 product online with mixed reviews.
8 REPLIES 8

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
pool noodles on the downspouts and door stop. Bubble wrap with blue tape on sharp corners
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

chuck100
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions on padding the corners top and bottom to prevent tearing ????

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
My first ADDCO cover lasted 6 years, probably could`ve sewn it up but it was getting thin. Just bought a new one before winter. this one I expect to last the same amount of time. I don`t use it in the summer when the sun/heat really do their damage!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MFthorn10
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses. I guess my choices are to either go cheap and try the UV blocker or go more expensive and still try the UV coating. Either way, when I remove the cover this week, it'll come off in PIECES....I just like to have to door zippers to enter while the trailer is still covered.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
DickOK wrote:
We went through 2 Adco covers. Adco was great replacing the first one. When I called about the 2nd cover Adco gave me a super deal on a sunbrella cover. Have had it 2 years and it looks like new. They said they guaranteed it 6 years in our Arizona sun.

X2, I believe their warranty allows 1 free replacement. Second one is gonna be a lot harder to get. I've owned a couple of the cheap tyvek addco covers and yes, they last 2-3 years. Next time, I'm gonna look at Goldline Covers.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
We went through 2 Adco covers. Adco was great replacing the first one. When I called about the 2nd cover Adco gave me a super deal on a sunbrella cover. Have had it 2 years and it looks like new. They said they guaranteed it 6 years in our Arizona sun.
Dick OK

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We have gone through 4 Tyvek covers and they do only last only a couple of years. We feel lucky if we get 3 years out of it. We switch 6 years ago to Calmark Covers. The cover still looks brand new just like the day we got it.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
I've never tried any UV spray. Never even knew one existed. I can tell you that my first cover cost me $400+ and lasted about 3 years in direct sunlight. So now I buy the cheapest RV cover(usually Classic) for about $150 and replace every 2-3 years. 50-75 dollars/yr is cheap protection from UV damage and the fading/peeling decals that come from it. I will look into the spray though.
E.Lee Galik