cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

adding bedroom slide windows

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed small screened windows on each side of the bedroom slide wall for better air circulation?

We have one large window above the head of the bed and one directly across the room.

We keep the window above our head closed and covered with a dark shade due to toooo much light. Wife does not like breeze on her head.

Any help would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
small quiet fan at other window to circulate air????

when its to cool out to have windows open, or when there is no breeze at all, we use a fan to move air around otherwise it gets a little stale, it does not take much.
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
If you're saying the head of the bed is within the slide then you're wife definitely won't like windows on the sides of the bed. They would let in a lot of light and if you keep the one over your bed covered now for the darkness and the wind, what would you gaining?

That's why I was asking..if the windows are going to be at the head and she don't like a breeze on her head, then those windows are not the answer.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
If you're saying the head of the bed is within the slide then you're wife definitely won't like windows on the sides of the bed. They would let in a lot of light and if you keep the one over your bed covered now for the darkness and the wind, what would you gaining?

yep, makes sense to me.
bumpy

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if it is possible on your unit but if it is possible I think you will like the mod. Mine has a window at the foot end like yours, nothing at the head end which I prefer and a small window on each side at the head. They give good ventilation without losing privacy.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
slide is up in the front of trailer and slides to the left. Bed is slide.

Would like to little windows on each side of bed.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the slide in the bedroom? Our bed is the slide. We have 2 little windows there in ours already. But if your wife don't like a breeze on her head, I would imagine the slide is elsewhere in yours.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Get your stud finder out and see where the cross members are. Then you might be able to fit one depending on location.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
give the manufacturer a email asking about schematics of the side walls.
bumpy

Moved from Forum Technical Support