Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

After-the-show flyer says I won--should I go?....pic

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
My wife must have signed up for something when I wasn't looking :S

I scratched the ticket on the flyer, and all my numbers match. I AM A WINNER. :B I am now supposed to call the dealer IMMEDIATELY, then go to the dealer to compare my WINNING numbers with the PRIZE BOARD.

That dealer is an hour away....what should I do :h

28 REPLIES 28

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
SolidAxleDurango wrote:
3 hours for a $9 lantern is a bit much.

$9! you price it at that much?! I say it is probably a small AA battery lantern worth maybe $2!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
riven1950 wrote:
Look at the fine print where it tells you the odds of winning each prize. That will answer your question. I bet the lantern odds are 1to1

Odds14,997:15,000 value $25

pop up 1:15,000
cooler 1:15,000
t.v. 1:15,000

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
is it friday yet? wrote:
I say drive there and get your lantern and eat as many hot dogs and popcorn as you can.

"Winnings to be paid within 30 days after verification by insurance company."

Long way to go for a hot dog and some popcorn...Then have to wait for my prize to be verified.

I think I will just pick up a few more free LED lights when Harbor Freight sends their next ad. There is always a free coupon for some form of LED in their ad.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Im quite sure the OP was talking "tongue in cheek" about running out to collect his prize.

What the heck..I like the suggestion of going out, eat a bunch of hotdogs etc, then hang out in the town doing whatever other cool stuff might be around.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the fine print where it tells you the odds of winning each prize. That will answer your question. I bet the lantern odds are 1to1

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I can pretty much guarantee the OP won a lantern. It's just to sucker you into the dealership so they can corner you with a sales pitch. ๐Ÿ™‚

This. They want you to walk through the doors, then the pressure is applied. There is no free lunch. Take the money you would spend driving there and back, go by your own lantern. Unless you're interested in what they're selling, of course.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
is it friday yet? wrote:
I say drive there and get your lantern and eat as many hot dogs and popcorn as you can.

Yup, pick up your free lantern, eat, and escape before the salesperson corners you.

Then as long as you are in that town check it out. Go to a movie, check out some museums, do a little shopping, or whatever. Sounds like a good excuse to go for a drive and do something different.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, let's see: They printed 15,000 tickets. 1 of those tickets wins the pop-up. 1 wins the cooler. 1 wins the TV. 14,997 win the lantern.

You need to be IN YOUR CAR NOW racing to get your prize!!!!!!!!!! Don't even take the time to respond to this post.

GO.....NOW!!!!!
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I can pretty much guarantee the OP won a lantern. It's just to sucker you into the dealership so they can corner you with a sales pitch. ๐Ÿ™‚

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
That lantern is a piece of junk, and most likely that is what you won.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
WOW!! It's got to be the pop-up! Oh wait a minute, what are those silly numbers posted under the pictures.

It's pretty unusual to see the odds so prominently posted, they're usually in very, very small print. I guess it just depends on how desperate you are for a "free" LED hurricane lantern. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
3 hours for a $9 lantern is a bit much.
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
Rip up the flyer, throw it away and do something for the next three hours that you'd enjoy as opposed to what you'll go through for three hours chasing that prize. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.