cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amazing apps that alert me to rain and ligtning

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
A few months ago I found a great app for my iphone called "Dark Sky" that alerts me when it's about to rain. My experience with it so far has been remarkably good. I'd say it's about 60% - 75% accurate. It has a nice alert jingle and gives me time to bring in chairs, awnings, etc. It also tells me when it should stop raining and it's hyper local.

Recently, I found another good app by weather underground called "Storm" that alerts me when rain is in my area and also lightning. This new app has a great storm tracking radar that projects the storms into the future. It's my new favorite app.

I also noticed that the Weather Channel's app does something similar but I haven't had great luck with it so far.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`
66 REPLIES 66

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
Storm is published by the Weather Underground. wunderground.com. Dark Sky is published by the Dark Sky Company, LLC.

Thanks. For you others, that lightening will scare your horse and buggies ๐Ÿ™‚ Kidding
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
We have an English Springer Spaniel that is 100% accurate at predicting thunder storms. She knows at least 20-30 minutes before there is any sign of them to us humans.
jesseannie

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Belgique wrote:
I can't find either of these by those names on Android. Names are close but not the same. Who are the recommended ones made by? Thanks!
Storm is published by the Weather Underground. wunderground.com.

Dark Sky is published by the Dark Sky Company, LLC.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
I can't find either of these by those names on Android. Names are close but not the same. Who are the recommended ones made by? Thanks!
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
I'm running STORM as well. It's a morphed Intellicast with better features, but IMO an inferior screen to the other. The rain alert can be set to a specific area or in Follow Me mode and works really well.

To those that have it, they have an upgrade for it to remove Ad's for one or two years if you use the keyword 'Storm1'
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm just to 'old school' for this........................
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just got the rain one too.. for Android. This stuff is really getting smart isn't it? I love the Tap&Pay.. now that it's working properly!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman