cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And Texas Caves In

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
The last bastion of sanity has jumped on the "stay at home" bandwagon. They just sent me an email that they have closed all state parks to save the 1% who may die from the dreaded super virus. Texas was once a great state.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV
767 REPLIES 767

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

Simple as that as those are the ones actually dying.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.

I suspect the reason is,those places dont get any fresh air especialy in winter,just keep recirculating stale air full of viruses.

One person gets sick and many others catch it too.

Same thing hapened on those Cruise ships.

All AC ducts are conected,just like in the house heating systems.

one of my friends likes to go on cruise w his wife and he always complains how bad the air is in the cabin,
the air conditioners must have some mold growing in the ducts most likely

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
My county w a world renowned ski area had an early rush of disease and they are opening it back up now. The issue is there is insufficient testing to determine what % of population is currently sick. We need 150 tests/100,000 people to determine w any confidence what is actually going on and we only have 28/100,000 right now. The major hotspots like NY, Boston, NO, Detroit, etc are getting the lions share of the extremely limited tests.

Unfortunately the construction and landscape workforce is not complying w social distancing and mask wearing which they agreed to as a condition of being able to work. So not enough tests, combined w a mobile work force is going to be trouble. They or their family all go to the store, post office, the lumber yard, stop for coffee, etc, etc. (The effin skate park is open!!) They are supposed to be taking care on the job and they are lax. An increase of cases will compound the problem of lack of PPE and ICU beds in our rural area.

The drs that say we overdid the restrictions are in some cases correct, but based on the lack of testing there is no way to tell what areas are safe now, and conversely when they become unsafe.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
AJR wrote:
I do not like the thought of me being a "Domino". I would like to see my 78th birthday.

Is there something wrong with that?

Simply protect yourself and you will be fine.

My wife does not have the best lungs. I have made it my mission to keep her safe!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. If you are concerned for your health then stay home. Very simple.

Well said, and those you are telling to stay home hope that those in denial suffer greatly at the hands of the virus.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
AJR wrote:
I do not like the thought of me being a "Domino". I would like to see my 78th birthday.

There's nothing wrong with you surviving. What is wrong is shutting down society and hurting, maybe even killing, millions of innocent people because you are afraid. Buck up.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
AJR wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. If you are concerned for your health then stay home. Very simple.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
tomman58 wrote:
There are no credible doctors or scientists that think the reopening of the sates is a prudent idea . The idea that you go back to "normal" is truly idiotic.

Although people are pissed about the hunkering down most will listen to logic and those that won't will join the statistics.

No, idiotic is letting scientists make public policy. The public should make public policy. Science is only one aspect of making a prudent decision. Ignoring the other aspects is "truly idiotic".

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
JRscooby wrote:

Not sure a gym is a requirement for healthy life.

A lockdown is not a requirement for healthy life, either, but if you want to hide under your bed you should have the right to do so. And the rest of us should be free to go to the gym or any other business.

AJR
Explorer
Explorer

2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I will not willingly apply for a Darwin Award.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
tomman58 wrote:
There are no credible doctors or scientists that think the reopening of the sates is a prudent idea . The idea that you go back to "normal" is truly idiotic.

Although people are pissed about the hunkering down most will listen to logic and those that won't will join the statistics.
I don't think that's 100% true. My wife, who keeps track of this stuff much more than I, has had me read several articles about doctors who think the lockdown has been more severe than was strictly necessary.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:

Well like Willie Nelson said

โ€œ thereโ€™s more old drunks than there are old doctors. So I guess Iโ€™ll have another roundโ€

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
News tonite reported 33 percent of the US wants to open back up. So hard to believe 66 percent that want too keep it closed are so stupid. If the 33 percent get the virus and die, the 66 percent will be much better off. No crowded RV or State Parks. No long lines at fueling stops. Economy will collapse and RVs will be dirt cheap. Just think how great it will be. :h