cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any comments???

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
This was observed on I-15 in the SLC area yesterday. Yes, the 2nd unit is a trailer.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today
27 REPLIES 27

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
Seen many of these at big car shows...trailer has a lift and they can carry as many as four cars, usually classics, and plenty tools, etc.
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
AprilWhine wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I don't think it would work to well boondocking.

Actually, a Prevost is better equipped to boondock than most. ๐Ÿ˜‰ For instance, I have a battery bank of 12 AGM house batteries, four starting batteries, and one generator battery. I can operate my all electric coach off the batteries for two days, then recharging takes about two hours.

I carry 100 gallons of fresh water. My grey and black water tanks are about 75 gallons each. I do not have a propane water heater, instead I have an Aqua-hot that uses diesel.

All in all, it's a nice setup!
My thought was taking it into the woods (off road). Humor

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
Here's some more pictures of that type of trailer, I think it's about 30'. Probably used for heavy toys. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:

Actually, a Prevost is better equipped to boondock than most. ๐Ÿ˜‰ For instance, I have a battery bank of 12 AGM house batteries, four starting batteries, and one generator battery. I can operate my all electric coach off the batteries for two days, then recharging takes about two hours.

I carry 100 gallons of fresh water. My grey and black water tanks are about 75 gallons each. I do not have a propane water heater, instead I have an Aqua-hot that uses diesel.

All in all, it's a nice setup!
OR
Pick one

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
This was observed on I-15 in the SLC area yesterday. Yes, the 2nd unit is a trailer.

Looks like a 45' Prevost, probably equipped with a series 60 Detroit 475 HP engine towing a stacker trailer. I've seen this combo many times and while it is over length in some states, the owner's biggest offense is not painting the trailer to match his bus. :B

BTW, the towed item is a TRAILER, not another bus.
OR
Pick one

chele
Explorer
Explorer
Two miles to the gallon? Downhill with a tailwind? Yikes. Maybe the trailer is the MIL suite.
2008 GMC 3500HD Duramax, Allison and fiver friendly flatbed!
1995 26' Excel Legacy

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Otherwise, I was parked overnight next to a guy in a 40' DP and pulling close to a 40' car trailer. Said he was right about 80' on the highway. I wondered about length limits, but didn't ask.

And then there was the time I camped next to the folks with the diesel pusher who pulled a 25' car trailer (that was nicer than most campers that I've seen). When they arrived, they rented 2 sites. The owners stayed in one and the professional driver stayed in the car hauler.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Actually using another bus as a trailer?

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

MotorPro
Explorer
Explorer
I just happen to be a Ft Wilderness a few years ago when the hat a Prevost convention. Setups like that were all over the place that week.

thecampingman
Explorer
Explorer
It reminded me of something similar I saw at a rest stop in Georgia. Except the trailer was a car hauler packed with a boat, motorcycle & sports car.

Who says "You can't take it with you when you go"?
'03 GMC 4500 Topkick with Duramax/Allison
'04 36' McKenzie Medallion triple slide
Cabover kayak racks w/18' touring kayaks.
Bicycle carrier on the front with a street bike & a mountain bike
Snowbird W/Ohio camper dock

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
UT length limit is 70'......I agree, that must be close to 100'. I have to assume he has the air brakes connected between the units. No, it was NOT an entertainers bus, it was a private RV.

What plates were on that rig?
Can't tell from the pic was it AZ?

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
This was in Utah, you say? talk about a train, that'd be it.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
UT length limit is 70'......I agree, that must be close to 100'. I have to assume he has the air brakes connected between the units. No, it was NOT an entertainers bus, it was a private RV.