cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Fulltimer RV/Vehicle Insurance

coodle0216
Explorer
Explorer
We are finally there - after 2+ years of working towards this goal. We are finishing up with "tying up loose ends" and then will starting out on our full timing adventure in our 5th wheel. We have gotten lots of good direction and advise here, and thank you for your patience.

Any help/suggestions/experience with fulltimers insurance covering your RV, vehicle and contents. There are just so many companies and we are having trouble deciding on which one to go with. Just want to know actual experience(s) that has happened and the outcome.

If we are in the wrong section, just bear with us - we are new to this. We are just looking for advise. Thanks !!
7 REPLIES 7

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
We are happy with Blue Sky Insurance, who specializes in insurance for full timers. All around coverage on truck & 5th wheel, liabilities, housing, etc. plus we have a rider for a small storage unit we keep some things in FL.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
We have National General thru Good Sam. Had Allstate for years but they would not cover full time.
cpaulsen

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are only a few companies that will write RV Fulltimer Insurance policies. When shopping make sure you are specific that you will be living in the RV full time. Having an RV rider on your auto policy won't cut it. That said, we found National Interstate to be the most reasonably priced company. Only two claims in five years and both were handled professionally and quickly...IIRC ours was less than $2k/yr.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
C Schomer wrote:
I've had Farmers for nearly 40 years and the RV is a rider on my truck. It covers everything I can dream up and it's cheap. I don't know if FTing will make any difference. Craig

What kind of coverage do you have on your home?
FTrs RV is their 'home'.

A rider on truck doesn't protect one's full interest/contents/liability/slip & fall/motel costs due to loss of 'home' etc.

Yes it makes a difference if one wants to try and protect/limit the loss of 'home'
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Farmers for nearly 40 years and the RV is a rider on my truck. It covers everything I can dream up and it's cheap. I don't know if FTing will make any difference. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
We also have National Interstate Ins. Been with them for 7 yrs.
They specialize in RV Ins. and have a full timers policy just like a home owners policy.
Two claims.one minor & one major. Both handled quickly...efficiently. While doing repairs on major claim more damage was found and they jumped right on. No hassles.

What state are you going to use as your 'domicile'.....rates are based on address plus lots of other factors?
Also what are you doing about your medical ins. coverage.
Since the ADA Med. Coverage your 'domicile' state will have an impact.

God luck on your new journey
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I have National Interstate ins for 10 years. Several claims. Been good to me..
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter