cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best HEPA filtration system for mold in a Class B?

daboognish88
Explorer
Explorer
I have recently discovered mold in my 1982 Dodge Xplorer 228 camper van. I am planning on using a mold bomb fogger and an Ozone Generator. In addition I'll need a good Hepa filtration system that can take care of mold. Obviously there are a lot of options out there so I'm wondering what would be the best in terms of convenience while traveling in a small camper van such as mine. I'm talking low energy 12 volt compatibility, energy-efficiency, relatively small size, gets the job done, etc.
What's your experience/suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
I would use the mold bomb and ozone machine first then pull the carpets and clean so not to deal with live mold spores during clean up. Then I would use the ozone machine again and clean everything again. Just remember the mold bomb and ozone machine might kill the mold spores but they are still there so make sure you wear protective gear to prevent exposure to the mold. When you get a respirator make sure it is rated for mold they are not all the same. When you are all done you can get mold test kits to see if your clean up is good enough. You are the only one who can see the problem to know how bad it is.

daboognish88
Explorer
Explorer
Alright guys. I know that black mold is dangerous and I know getting rid of the van is an option, and I appreciate the concern. But I also know that many have successfully solved the problem so I at least know its possible.

A HEPA filter is not going to stop the mold.. but it will help stop the mold from spreading as it circulates the air and collects the spores.

So if anyone has any suggestions on a Hepa filtration system that is perfect for motorhome use please leave those suggestions here.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Ozone machine is a good idea obce you have removed the carpet and anything that can hold moisture.

A HEPA filtration is not going to stop mold. Stop the leaks and use a dehumidifier.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Black Mold is dangerous. The RV is 36 years old. Donโ€™t waste your time or risk your health.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

daboognish88
Explorer
Explorer
I've fixed the leak. There really isn't any "damage" to speak of because there's no wood in the walls.. its just the outer metal shell and inner plastic walls. I am however going to tear out the carpet and scrub everything with vinegar solution first. Then Use the fogger.. then the Ozone, then the hepa filter.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't even bother. Do as above or get rid of it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mold generally means leaks. The only real way to safely fix the issue is to tear the damage out and rebuild it. Anything else could endanger your health.