cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Price for LED lites?

muelldawg
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing four 921 lights, wedge base, and want LED's with a minimum of 350 lumens, for reading.

Best I have found is at EEZRV Products (EZ TCW T10)for $15 each.

And I do better?
Richard & Marilyn
2010 Jayco, Jay Feather, Sport 16.5 feet
2010 Ford F150, V8, 5.4 liter
17 REPLIES 17

PeteK-Hou
Explorer
Explorer
Bob O wrote:
I've ordered numerous LEDs for myself and friends from e-bay seller, hugesaving2014.

This seller ships from the state of Washington and usually arrive within 3-4 days. Much quicker than those shipped from China, and shipping is often free. For example, I placed an order on July 15th and they arrived July 19th.

His prices are reasonable. I bought 10X Festoon T10 BA9S White LED 48SMD Panel Interior Dome Map Light Bulb Lamp 12V for $16,89 or $1.90 each.

Not sure if these are made in China or not but mine all work well.

I bought these same LED's. The light output is great. But they get so hot that it melts the adhesive on the double sided tape on the back of them.

I didn't think LED's should get hot at all.

These are the ones I purchased

muelldawg
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all !
Richard & Marilyn
2010 Jayco, Jay Feather, Sport 16.5 feet
2010 Ford F150, V8, 5.4 liter

RayNMesa
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
I don't know what the draw is. I no longer boon dock so that was not my reason for changing them. For me it was about reducing the heat output. We'd sit on the couch and the lamp above would cook my head. And I have no hair, so it was not pleasant!

I can tell you that when I flipped all the ceiling lights on before the conversion my power convertor was quite loud. Now the fan runs but its just a soft whir, so at a guess there is far less draw than before. And almost no heat from the lamps now.

Here in Arizona less heat is ALWAYS a good thing, I will try one and test and if all is well I will change out the rest, thanks for the input.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
A typical LED uses ~ 1/10 the power of an incandescent withe same light output.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what the draw is. I no longer boon dock so that was not my reason for changing them. For me it was about reducing the heat output. We'd sit on the couch and the lamp above would cook my head. And I have no hair, so it was not pleasant!

I can tell you that when I flipped all the ceiling lights on before the conversion my power convertor was quite loud. Now the fan runs but its just a soft whir, so at a guess there is far less draw than before. And almost no heat from the lamps now.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

RayNMesa
Explorer
Explorer
Dose anyone know what the amp rating difference is between the 921 incandescent bulb and the E-bay (China) LED equivalent? I know it should be something less, or is it? I would be using these for less current draw wile in the boon docking mode if they draw less current with the same amount of light output (Lumens)

Bob_O
Explorer
Explorer
I've ordered numerous LEDs for myself and friends from e-bay seller, hugesaving2014.

This seller ships from the state of Washington and usually arrive within 3-4 days. Much quicker than those shipped from China, and shipping is often free. For example, I placed an order on July 15th and they arrived July 19th.

His prices are reasonable. I bought 10X Festoon T10 BA9S White LED 48SMD Panel Interior Dome Map Light Bulb Lamp 12V for $16,89 or $1.90 each.

Not sure if these are made in China or not but mine all work well.
Bob
1998 Dodge 2500 Cummins QuadCab
2009 Montana Big Sky

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote here for E-bay LEDs. I got 15, 48 led panels of 921 replacements for $21. They are well into our second season with them and so far they are excellent. For that price you buy a few extras and you don't feel like you lost anything when one goes bad.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
All of the light fixtures in our teardrop are marine which use a G4 bulb/array. I wanted spares (none have failed in five years) so ordered a 10 for $10 bunch from Ebay/China, Since I had them I decided to play with one to see if I could get it to fail, and connected two 12 in series and monitored voltage output and voltage with a 12V PMW buck converter. starting at 12 V and eventually up to 23.5V at which point two of the SMD's un-soldered themselves from the array, the rest still worked. This is the simplest (few components on the PC board) variety of LED driver.

Cheyenps
Explorer
Explorer
Same here. Got mine on eBay direct from China and I have no complaints.

Spend some time considering light color before you go all in. Some like the warm white, others the bright white.
Steve

2008 Thor California Summit 26RLS
2003 Ford F-350 SRW Crew Cab Utility

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
So far, knock on wood, none of mine have failed and at $1.75 each I don't care if they do.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to add, 3 out of 3 I bought from one dealer had a blinking or led out.
Dealer has a good rating but if you want to know which one, pm me.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
I tested them with a Lux app on my phone at about 1' and got 934 Lux.

I have not seen any at that rating.

I've been replacing mine lately. Just ordered some more tonight.
Do what Alfred622 did and buy 1 of what you think you want.
Doesn't seem to matter whether they are the paddle type or panel type although I think the panel type have the possibility of coming untaped.

I found that the 24smd 3528 where fine for some applications but a little shy on light in others. You may want to try a 24 3528 and a 48smd 5050 of the same color.

Prices for these seem to range from $1.50 to $4.50.
As others have said buy from China or Hong Kong.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I bought 20 42-SMD warm white LED's from LEDKINGDOM-US on eBay to replace my 921's. It was about $30 with shipping (to Canada) and only took about a week to ship vs buying from China. They were the round style, not the flat panel.
I found them to be a little whiter and not as bright as incandescent but they were still bright enough.
I tested them with a Lux app on my phone at about 1' and got 934 Lux
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com