cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Rv Cover/Price

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Our rv sits outside with no cover in the sun and now for the last four months constant rains (never have seen this happen). We are looking to buy a cover. There are many brands and choices.

Our TT is a 24/25 ft Funfinder with two slideouts. What would be your recommendation?

How hard are they to clean? Do you power wash the cover while it is on the rv?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
8 REPLIES 8

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
jffnkrn wrote:
Considering a cover for our new fifth wheel also. Does the cover make marks on the unit where it goes over the corners as wind and weather may make it move a bit? If properly applied, the chance of that should be minimal. You'll need to pad anything sharp, like gutter extensions, etc.Also when loading or using slides, how feasible is it? They're not designed to accommodate slides being open. You might have a little wiggle room, but not much.thanks
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
Considering a cover for our new fifth wheel also. Does the cover make marks on the unit where it goes over the corners as wind and weather may make it move a bit? Also when loading or using slides, how feasible is it? thanks

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Goldline covers.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks everyone for the input. Yes, I too have considered a carport. It is an expense, but then it would be used for all our vehicles and that would be a plus. The cover for now is not very expensive and looks like the way to go.

I appreciate the replies and if there are more ideas pls post them.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put down the deposit on a carport. 31' long, 18' wide and 10' legs. Should keep the trailer dry and clean, allow easy access to load and unload, allow us to open the slide while under cover, easy to back under and pull out from it.

Growing up we had a cover for our Class C. It got to be a huge pain in the butt trying to take the cover off without ripping on something. It seemed that it was ALWAYS wet when we took it off so we either needed to drape it over something to dry off or it got mildew on it.

Sure, the car port costs 10 times more, but I know I won't actually use the cloth covers and even if you do they only last a couple of years anyways.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I've used an Adco Tyvek for a number of years, and have been very happy with it. Just the universal one, but suggest you get the one with a bit extra in terms of size. I let Mother Nature decide when it needs to be washed, and don't worry about doing it myself.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Living her in the great "Northwet" and having an older RV, I jumped on the cover bandwagon. A little cumbersome to take on and off, I am still very happy with the Adco Designer Series cover. I have never had to clean it but if that day comes I do think I would clean it on the rig...a 37 ft cover is awkward off the rig! Although I have no complaints with this cover and it seems to do a good job, I think I would consider the Tyvek Designer next time.

2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts on this subject search this Forum for `RV Cover' and read on and on. We use a Sunshield tarp.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)