cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Vacuum Cleaner Ever

Lakelady48
Explorer
Explorer
We have a small travel trailer with just a couple of scatter rugs. But we also have one black dog and a white dog who both shed like crazy. In an effort to go small and light, I foolishly thought a small shop vac was all I needed for a couple months of Snowbirding. Silly me, not what shop vacs are made for and it picked up NO dog hair.

Months ago I had seen an infomercial for a Shark Rocket, and after reading reviews, I bought one locally. I love it so much that I use it every day. It's so light, compact to use and store, and picks up a huge wad of hair every time. Lookng forward to using it at home too. I got exhausted dragging around my heavy cannister vac, so I would put off vacuuming for way too long. Lots of people who own Dysons say they actually like the Rocket better.

My friends and family are sick of hearing how much I love my vacuum, so now I have to tell strangers, LOL!
2007 Chevy Silverado
2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 24RBS
22 REPLIES 22

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Lakelady48 wrote:
The Shark Rocket is not a stick vac, but a hand-held unit with a beater brush - totally different than a either an upright or a cannister. And at only $150, works better than many more costly units.
Then maybe you can give us a link to what you've got. ๐Ÿ™‚

When I search for Shark Rocket on Amazon there are many models and they mostly look like and are called uprights.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got a Sears, from the seventies,that has performed flawlessly all these years except there is a filter in a big plastic housing that fits over the motor. They quit making them after 20 years. I'm going to come up with something to substitute though and bring it out of retirement.
We bought a Hoover at COSTCO and the darned thing just quit a few days ago. Less than a year old. You have to clean the Hepa filter goo each time as well as the chamber below it. Have another similar one upstairs and same thing. They do not work as well as the Sears and do not hold no where as much dirt and are more trouble.

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
If you want the best, Rainbow. Everything goes through water no dust in the air. We have one at home and one in the coach.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Shark is bagless, right? We tried a bagless, and hated the dusty mess when emptying. Glad it works for you, though.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

sharibartling
Explorer
Explorer
Funny. We said the same thing. We had top of the line Kirby. Before retiring we were getting our home ready to sell. Paid a lady to come and help get it presentable.that's what she had. Put the Kirby up for sale and bought one ๐Ÿ™‚ we have 2:) hairy dogs and it just works great.

Lakelady48
Explorer
Explorer
The Shark Rocket is not a stick vac, but a hand-held unit with a beater brush - totally different than a either an upright or a cannister. And at only $150, works better than many more costly units.
2007 Chevy Silverado
2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 24RBS

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Really good vacuums are available, but expensive.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Impkitti
Explorer
Explorer
Those little Shark stick vacs are pretty good. I bought one for our RV (we travel with 2 dogs and 2 cats), and it does the job.

I loaned to a friend of mine who just installed hardwood through out the main of her house, and she liked it so well, she bought one of the larger models.
Ellen

1 Retired Husband
2 Dogs
2 Cats
1 2008 F350SD Truck
1 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
2 Cars
1 House
Not Enough Time