cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Max Inverter Generator

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
This is on sale ($249.98) at Sam's Club. I do not know what the specs are in my Eclipse Milan 29BHSG as far as the converter is concerned, as it's not mentioned on the website and the trailer is in storage.

Would this generator run the basic electricity needs excluding the 13,500BTU air conditioner?

Clicky

Thanks in advance!
14 REPLIES 14

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
CKNSLS wrote:

So will this one work for my basic needs? Will it power the microwave/air conditioner? I understand probably not at the same time!

Microwave maybe, a/c NO!
2000 watts isn't enough.

Where do plan to use it, a campground?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

RJCorazza
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty sure a 1400w rated, 2000w surge genset will not run a 13.5 AC.
I previous threads here, some report a 2000w rated (2400w surge) will run the AC and others are not so lucky.
I opted for a 2800w rated (3500w surge) genset for my AC, but it is not a light device.

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
CKNSLS wrote:

So will this one work for my basic needs? Will it power the microwave/air conditioner?

Simple question. Simple answer:

It will likely start and run either of them, but not at the same time.
‘Love is what’s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.’ - Elain - age 8

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
NMDriver wrote:
$299 for 900 watts. A bit expensive considering what else is available in the price range $300 dollar gen comparison link

I might be able to lift the last one-that's part of the issue-

Clicky

So will this one work for my basic needs? Will it power the microwave/air conditioner? I understand probably not at the same time!

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
$299 for 900 watts. A bit expensive considering what else is available in the price range $300 dollar gen comparison link
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
CKNSLS wrote:
bikendan wrote:
i don't trust any generator company that doesn't post the decibel ratings on their generators, like Black Max.
it tells you that they don't want you to know how loud it is.

their owners manuals don't even list a decibel rating.:E

All the ad says is "29% quieter than a standard generator"....

that's a marketing ploy, not a decibel rating.:R
what's a "standard" generator?
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

RJCorazza
Explorer
Explorer
Your battery charger could draw 700w (guess) by itself while charging. Add a few lights, water pump, etc and I suspect you will be tripping a 900w genset on a regular basis.

MrWizard
no it won't power your 13.5 a/c
it will most likely power your converter, or the DRIP coffee maker
or a small 600w counter top MW

the DW's hair dryer on LOW

any 'ONE' of the above at a time
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
i don't trust any generator company that doesn't post the decibel ratings on their generators, like Black Max.

All the ad says is "29% quieter than a standard generator"....

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
It wouldn't run your rooftop but it may run the 5000 BTU window shaker I run off of our solar system.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

AnthonyC
Explorer
Explorer
I recently camped with a guy that had the larger 4500w black max geny, that thing ran his ac all day it was a lot louder than my Honda but for 299$ not a bad price. I would suggest remote use only due to the decibel level.
2008 F-250 6.4l 4x4 cc
2015 FR Wildwood Heritage Glen

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
No, not even close to being that capable.

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
At 125 volts that is only about 7.2 amps.
I doubt that will handle it.
No micro, no a/c no big draws, maybe, but you'll get plenty of more educated opinions shortly.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo