cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boot Scrubbers?

longislandcampe
Explorer
Explorer
We do a lot of beach camping where you are always walking on sand with the exception of the concrete patio and the asphalt road. In the summer months we wear flip flops or sandals or some kind of shoe that is very easy to slip on and off. We take our footwear off before going in the camper to keep it as clean as possible.

Our problem lies within the cooler months were you would be wearing sneakers. It's a pain to have to remove and put on your shoes when going in and out of the camper so we normally just leave our shoes on when going in the camper.

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to get a boot scrubber. I'm just looking for something to remove most of the sand that gets on the soles of our sneakers so that we don't have to remove our shoes when going in the camper.

Does anyone use one? Any suggestions?
10 REPLIES 10

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Here in sunny So Calif we do a lot of year round beach camping and also had the same problem.
We tried almost everything here but we found that this mat worked the best.
Clean Machine Door Mat

X2+
We have the mat, and the three steps into the camper covered with the same material. Once inside shoes come off. Just like at home we don't wear shoes in the house. ๐Ÿ™‚
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here in sunny So Calif we do a lot of year round beach camping and also had the same problem.
We tried almost everything here but we found that this mat worked the best.
Clean Machine Door Mat
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Copper Penny wrote:
I was thinking about the same thing recently and I came across this one at Walmart Boot Brush maybe it will work for you

I mounted one of these on a piece of 2"x6" with a few inches of board on each end. That way I can stand on the board and scrape away with the other foot. Keep it by the door when camped then just put it in the basement when on the go.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of these saved our marriage. At home, not in the RV, although DW is seriously considering buying one for the RV also.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

JordanH
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never thought of mounting one to the camper steps, but i have seen them mounted to big rigs all the time
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
2001 Dutchmen Sport 25f
2010 Honda EU3000iS
2008 Summit x 800r
2008 Outlander 800XT
2003 HD Heritage Softail
2012 Lund WC-14 with 2013 Evinrude 15hp
1994 Ford Mustang V6
2014 Nights camping: 10

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Never thought about building them into our camper entrance, but for 30+ years I have had two of the wood backed scrub brushes you would scrub a floor with screwed with bristles up to the bottom step going into the house. They are off to the side where you will not trip on them and it is amazing the amount of dirt that piles up around them. Only on the second set in all these years. Very cheap solution if you have somewhere to mount them.

Copper_Penny
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking about the same thing recently and I came across this one at Walmart Boot Brush maybe it will work for you

Denis, Linda, Jennifer & Monte (Shih-Poo)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat,6.5'box,4WD,5.4L, Max tow package,3.73 Gears,11,100 tow capacity.
2007 Kodiak 21QS Queen Bed solid rear slide,4000lbs,gvwr 6000lbs
Husky Weight Distribution Hitch.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a brush that mounts on one of the outside steps.. It does not get in the way when retracting, Forget where I got it (in 2005) but it was one of the first "Improvements" on this coach. Works well.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the heavy duty folding step from Country World. In the folded up position it lays flat on the ground. The grates make a great area to stomp all you want before entering your trailer...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
Yes we recently bought one, very much worth the money. Anywhere you camp will get shoes/feet dirty. Suggestion- GET one!
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS