cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh Cab - Anyone Using It?

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Found this product in the Motormouth column of the Chicago Tribune on Sunday, has anyone used it?

Fresh Cab

Seems a bit pricey, but if it works ...

Looks like it is available from Ace, Menard's a and others, as well as the maker and Amazon in various quantities.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure
15 REPLIES 15

mtdew999
Explorer
Explorer
I've used this for 2 winters in my unused cars and my RV, worked EXCELLENT. For the first time ever, NO MICE. Gotta be sure to replace them monthly.

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
One winter we had several mice set up their winter condos in a few pieces of our farm equipment, chewing wiring and insulation and seat covers/padding. Since that we use Fresh Cab. No mice. However, we don't use any kind of baited traps. Fresh Cab repels rodents, but probably not so well if you're inviting them with food (baited traps or Decon) at the same time. An animal will put up with a smell it dislikes to avoid starvation.

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some and put it in my storage bays and still had mice. My mouse traps with peanut butter still works the best for me.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, have used it as well. Seems to be more efficient the first year, after that it's not as good. I replace it once per year.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fresh cab is made from Balsam Fir...like a Christmas tree. I have used it and did not have any mice..so I guess it works as I had a critter (it stored hickory nuts under my wife's pillow) before I used it. It says to change it out every 30 days. I put my extras in a zip lock bag so they don't "evaporate".

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
camper19709 wrote:
I use Fresh Cab and Peppermint oil and no mice. (knock -on-wood). It also make the coach smell nice.

Ditto.

I use anything with a "claim to fame".

Fresh Cab, peppermint oil, dryer sheets, Irish Spring soap bars.
Fresh Cab is also available from Amazon.
A bit pricey - no matter what the source.

Moth ball odor is too hard to get rid of - I'll pass on that one.

The Fresh Cab - seems to lose it's "heavy duty" odor as it ages.
Poster(s) saying it doesn't work - may need to replace sooner.

Traps, sticky sheets (etc.) are great if your RV is stored where you can check on it frequently.

If it's in a storage yard - you may have decaying rodent carcasses between "well checks" on your RV..:(

~

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I use Fresh Cab and Peppermint oil and no mice. (knock -on-wood). It also make the coach smell nice.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
We have used it and it worked for us.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I tried it in my truck,.hanging from the dashboard with a snap trap under it about 6" below. Day later, dead mouse in the trap. I do like the smell of it though.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

dyb
Explorer
Explorer
Does not work. Had it in my TT. put a trap next to it, when i went back a week later fornd a dead mouse in trap
2005 F 250 5.4, 4.10 Gear, Tow/Haul, TorqShift Tranny 8ft. Box
Built in Break Controller
Super Duty super cab 158" wheel base
Eagle 320 rlds 2008
Raised Oct, 1988
Reese Dual Cam

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use it in my rv,s and my boats , I also use peppermint oil NO MICE IN over 5yrs and they all sit in a pole bldg next to the corn fields.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Have never used it but would love to know what the plant based ingredients are; the print on the package is too small to read. I already known that mint based products doesn't work since I once had a city backyard over run w/ wild mint and rodents seemed to love frolicking through it on their way to my back door....

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Looks expensive, I like the cheap traps that smackem in the head when they go for the peanut butter. :B
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!