cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boycott Walmart in Seguin TX

writerwithwheel
Explorer
Explorer
I have been drycamping various places in and around Seguin. after hassles with 18 wheelers in many of the locations, the local police suggested I park at Walmart.

I have been parking with NO NOISE, NO GENERATOR, NO SLIDEOUTS,
NO FURNITURE, NO AWNING.

Yesterday one of their employees got in my face because I have been there EVERY NIGHT. Me and several others who are unemployed, homeless
or just can't find housing in this toilet of a town.

I have also been spending virtually all of my cash and now Food Stamps
at Walmart.

Today, I move and all spending stops. I would appreciate you joining in my boycott. An average of 4-6 RV's a night stop at this location.

In fact, I will encourage you to Boycott Walmart PERIOD. NATIONWIDE.

Help me teach them a valuable economic lesson.
103 REPLIES 103

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Writerwithwheels, I can sympathize with your plight, but unfortunately, you can't really complain about someone getting in your face for abusing the company's policy. It is because of folks like you, that towns, cities, counties, etc., put up no overnight parking ordinances.

I would get annoyed if I saw the same camper parked 24/7 at our local Walmart or any of the truck stops around where I live. I don't expect to ever visit the Walmart in Seguin, TX, but I will continue to shop at Walmart and Walmart.com and will continue to use their parking lots for quick overnight stops.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
You all do realize the OP is not going to read any of this. He just posted his rant and took off (just like in his first post from 2014).

GMTA.
Prolly just a regular poster with a 2nd ID who enjoys pot stirring.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
You all do realize the OP is not going to read any of this. He just posted his rant and took off (just like in his first post from 2014).
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Homeless on food stamps, living in the Walmart parking lot until they god fed up with you, but you seem able to have internet access. I guess a smart phone (probably paid for by us taxpayers, too). I have no sympathy for you. Get a job and feed and take care of yourself like the rest of us do.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
BTW, NO overnight truck parking is allowed either at Walmart or the other businesses either as they must go to truck stops for such. Right in the ordinances and posted signs at the businesses/stores/public parking lots/etc.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
To the contrary, sounds like a great place to shop.
The last thing I want to subject my family to is a homeless camp just to go shopping.
People like you are ruining a good thing for people who just want to pull over for a rest.

This.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
No WM within 100 miles of my locale so no boycott either;).
Here's hoping life goes the way you want it to for the future.

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP, GET A JOB! Then you will NOT be unemployed! Excuses doesn't cut it! You have ZERO right to be living constantly or nightly in that or any Walmart parking lot or on any others owned land. Work for your living and then you can even pay for your own groceries etc without sucking from society constantly. You will even be able to stay in CG's too like the rest of the civilized world does. Don't want to work? Your choice and I'm all for cutting off food stamps then too and any other form of assistance too. Hopefully, there will be mandatory drug/substance abuse testing everywhere in the USA before any welfare or freebies can be given as those people are stealing from the people who actually work to eat and support themselves and their families! Get smart!

Quit being a disgraceful leech on society and be a real functioning part of it and your life will change for the better real quick! Good for Walmart or any Walmart or other like businesses for kicking you and the others out and stay out! Squatter living has long been outlawed in almost all regional or local areas. Shame on you!

You'd simply be arrested in a heartbeat for staying even one night in any business parking lot in our area and yes, there are posted signs and it is enforced by local and state police and the sheriff too and watched for by the business management constantly and all they have to do is make one phone call if the law isn't already there. Where it is allowed to stay in a self-contained RV for a night or two around here other than in a CG, I will NOT tell you or give any hints as we sure don't want you leeching from our local residents etc! Our people work for a living and is why we have such low unemployment numbers constantly! Lowest in the entire state and nearly all our employers do drug test before hiring and random test after hiring and it's right in your application that you must sign and agree to or simply move on as you will NOT be hired!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
NO, I won't join in your boycott. Like ScottG says, Walmart shouldn't put up with a homeless camp.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
I originally thought this was a troll. After reading the OP's first post, furnished by Mortimer Brewster, I have a much better understanding. :E
This is the only post from this person unless he has another screen name, in which case the mods need to kill one of them. Here is a guy who's profile says "all over the country", then proceeded to call Seguin a "toilet town"... I have zero sympathy. Don't like it?, MOVE... There's a parking space for a paying patron.
Personally I think this is a finely crafted troll post. Look how many responses in just a few hours.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
I shudder to think about what he is doing for bathroom facilities.....
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Wow is all I can say.

If you go to google maps and look at the satellite picture you can see the OP. I believe that picture was from last year ๐Ÿ˜‰
I love me some land yachting

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
My first thought was for the OP to apply for a job in Wal Mart, as many posters have suggested.
I do not frequent Camp Wally, but would if I had to. Yes, circumstances can put us all in a different financial status very quickly, some not of our choosing. Losing a job, losing a spouse, etc. etc. etc.

A night, maybe two, but anything more than that is wearing out your welcome, for the OP and others doing the same. In my local WalMart, there was a trailer and pickup truck there for about 10 days.
Too long. Ruins it for all the rest.

OP needs to move on, no, I will not boycott WalMart.
People like this do not apply for jobs (unless it is necessary to get unemployment compensation, then they will apply for jobs they have no chance of getting). Even if they get a job, they will be out of that job within days because there will be 100s of things wrong with the position. The boss will be intolerable. The work will not be as described. They will have physical or moral issues with the work. And on and on and on. Some people just choose to leech on the rest of society. They have no problems or issues, it is all someone else's fault. If this is actually a true post, not a troll, I believe we have come across just such a person.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow... All I can say is wow.

After reading this, and the OP's original post, I am left speechless. I am flabbergasted.

Put your big boy pants on and accept responsibility for yourself. Quit relying on others to take care of you. You are presumably an adult, so start acting like one .

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
My first thought was for the OP to apply for a job in Wal Mart, as many posters have suggested.
I do not frequent Camp Wally, but would if I had to. Yes, circumstances can put us all in a different financial status very quickly, some not of our choosing. Losing a job, losing a spouse, etc. etc. etc.

A night, maybe two, but anything more than that is wearing out your welcome, for the OP and others doing the same. In my local WalMart, there was a trailer and pickup truck there for about 10 days.
Too long. Ruins it for all the rest.

OP needs to move on, no, I will not boycott WalMart.