cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buckee's Road stop

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Folks talk frequently about truck stops. In Baytown east of Houston Buckee's has just opened a 96 pump gas stop and shop, sandwich, toilet, Jerky meat tourist trinkets etc. 18 wheelers are requested not to be on the property. Its a Texas operation, there biggest previously had been on I-10 near Luling with about 80 pumps. Most Buckee's have great access for motor home with toad or PU with 5th wheel. I have no financial interest in Buckee' but their sliced brisket on a bun with onion and pickle is worth the stop. My wife insists on stopping at the one 59 south of Houston in Wharton.

Great Texas stop
27 REPLIES 27

Explorer II
Explorer II
traveylin wrote:
Buc-ees does have diesel. It does not sell lottery tickets as that slows the checkout process.
They do not sell lottery because the 'Beaver', owner Arch Aplin believes thy shall not gamble. They have never and will never sell lottery.

Buc ee's are pricy but that doesn't stop the DW from insisting we stop at every one we encounter
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
Love the Buckees in Luring. I took a picture of my fiver and previous TV there, it's my signature picture. Great food, restrooms so clean Gunnery Sergeant Hartman would be proud to recommend them to the Virgin Mary. And yes, they do have diesel!
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Buc-ees does have diesel. It does not sell lottery tickets as that slows the checkout process.

Judgerr
Explorer
Explorer
We stop at the one in Wharton Tx. in the fall, on the way to our winter spot, and in the spring on the way back to Illinois! Easy in and out with the Camper and good food, extremely clean restrooms. Pricey yes but so convenient, who cares?
2008 F-350 6.8 DRW Lariat 4x2 Aug 2014. Scan Gauge II, Bilsteins,
Full Timing & Loving it!
2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 321RLTS
I'm not a judge, it's just a nickname from USMC days!
"SEMPER FI" Vietnam 1968!

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Key question from someone who's not from Tx. does Bucc-ee's have diesel?

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
agree that the sandwiches are a bit pricey....but they are good

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I use Bucee's because I drive a gas powered vehicle, it has parking for after the fill-up, and usually I can get into an end pump easy with the trailer attached. Also the restrooms are spotless, the food good though kind of pricy. And the fudge is fantastic. Always get the fudge sampler.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
New one in Temple,Tx and one in New Braunfels, TX with 164 pumps. Very good operation.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
I think if I had any input I would have added 4 more pumps to make 100!

It's a number thing.

ON EDIT....I looked at the photos on their website. This is very, very impressive. Very!
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
IH-45 between Houston and Dallas, about Buffalo or Centerville.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
http://abc13.com/shopping/buc-ees-opens-in-baytown/440483/
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
We love Bucc-ee's - one of the things we miss about Texas. Wharton was a regular stop for us when we lived in the area.

Imagine a convenience store with a restaurant, a book section, toys, candy, grills as big as a car, deer stands, bulk feeds, jewelry, clothing, home accessories, etc. HUGE.

You don't know what 96 pumps look like until you have seen it.

After a life of travel, Bucc-ee's was the first place where I walked into the restroom, and said "It smells GREAT in here!"

Kind of like a Pilot or T/A, except efficient, clean and fun!

Matt B
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
There is one in Madisonville, Tx on Hwy 21, also in Bastrop, Tx also on Hwy 21 that we stop at on our way to Cibolo, Tx to visit our son and his family. I love Buccee's. Absolutely the cleanest restrooms on this earth.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA