cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping in your trailer at a...........

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Nascar race? Has anyone attended a nascar race for a weekend and stayed in their trailer in the area with no hook ups? How do you go about it and is it even possible?
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8
15 REPLIES 15

apr67
Explorer
Explorer
I dry camped at Daytona for the SCCA Runoffs. I have a generator so I could cool the RV for sleeping, used the showers at the track and went a week with no issues. Good time.
2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Steeljag wrote:
I don't recall there being a " quite time" for generators (or music / people) in the infield at Daytona ?

Most of the southern tracks permit genny's overnight depending. I know for a fact that some of the northern tracks have restrictions, Dover for one.

... Eric

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Never done it at a NASCAR race but have been to Quartsite, that is 2 weeks without hookups.. Now my RV is only good for about one person/week without hookups but there is a fill/dump station in town and gas stations.

(that is 2x a week with 2 people) Will do it again.

A weekend, is easy.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recall there being a " quite time" for generators (or music / people) in the infield at Daytona ?

As far as dogs.....is yours good with loud noises at least 20 hours a day.....LOL ?.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Generators are fine but each track has their own rules relative to operating hours; some tracks have an overnight noise curfew. Typically not a problem for pets.

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
So they don't mind if you run a gasoline generator? And do any of you have a dog and is he or she ok with staying in the trailer while you are watching the race from the grandstands?
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We've camped at tracks throughout the mid/eastern US. We usually get to the track on the Thursday and leave on the Monday for a Sunday race or leave on the Sunday after a Saturday night race.

I fill my fresh water tank at home and buy water at the track if we need more; tracks all have water trucks roaming around. I also use the mobile pump out service at the track. There are usually four of us and we use our rv for quick navy showers.

I also use my genny in the morning for a couple hours to top off the batteries and to make coffee, watch news on the tv etc... We sometimes use the genny in the evening as needed. We've typically not needed to run the ac.

I see the OP is from Texas. We've been to Texas Motor Speedway twice, it's a great facility.

northmeck0255
Explorer
Explorer
At Talladega, they have trucks coming through the campground with water, ice, wood and pump outs. It's great!!
2010 Airstream 27FB Classic Limited
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Sure beats staying at a hotel, don't have to get up so early and don't have to battle traffic! Partying may go late into the night but we all have the same interest!
I have only Not had power at the races a few times, but I usually get close to a large commercial generator and its a non issue!
I always work at the events but bring my family and they have a good time!!
Some places offer water and sewer pump out for a nominal fee, Last one I paid for was $50 to pump out my grey and black tank and fill my 45 gallon fresh tank.
I usually get there on Thursday night and leave Monday morning,,No Traffic worries!!

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Double post
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of tracks have hook-ups now. We did Bristol for years dry camping. We used to do a three or four day weekend on just a single 12 volt battery. Use campground showers and toilets, use battery powered lanterns for light in the trailer at night. Worked great 20 years ago, would not want to do it now!
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

kellyandpatti
Explorer
Explorer
Daytona has spots just outside turn 1 with water and electric and cable for a reasonable price ( 400.00) for July race tues to sun

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
We've been going to the Vegas race since 1998, with 3 years off in early 2000's for business.

We go with the same group, have all our rv's together and stay from 3-7 days.

As far as we're concerned, we throw a party, and NASCAR happens to have a race that weekend. The food is spectacular, lots of spirits get consumed, and nobody gets hurt. (occasional hangover excluded)

You need to try boondocking for a few days to get the feel of how to conserve water and power, but don't worry about it too much. They have water trucks and pump trucks to empty your holding tanks. Be prepared to pay for it, but it makes life much more enjoyable. At Vegas they even have free showers.

Almost all of us stay until Monday AM after the race, so there is very little traffic to fight when we leave.

It is a hoot; noisy, colorful, close, somewhat rowdy, but some of the most fun we've ever had.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
One of the best times we ever had was at the race in Vegas! Make sure you have extra water. Wouldn't do it without a generator. Lots of time they will have a water and a honey wagon come around.

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR