cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can anyone share their experiences with Uber?

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
I recently started using Uber to get around when my wife is using our one and only vehicle. I get picked up within 4-5 minutes when closer to town and in about 15-20 minutes when I'm at our campground. So far so good.

I'm hoping to see if anyone else has any experiences with this service. Would it be possible to forgo a toad, rental car or taxis using only Uber?
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`
32 REPLIES 32

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I am NOT a taxi driver, but.....what kind of background checks do they go through? What kind of insurance do they carry? What are their licensing requirements? What kind of safety inspections do their cars go through?

I rarely take cabs, but recently did during a business trip to NOLA. After talking to the drivers I was extremely impressed by their system and felt completely safe in their cabs.

Uber may be quick and cheap. But is it safe?

I saw a special on TV the other week about a city or 2 that is trying to OUTLAW Uber.. I believe the Taxi union and parking authority is behind it..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I have only used Uber for two trips, from suburbs to downtown and back. I had no problems and would use it again. It was cheaper than a taxis and quicker too. It works extremely well in big cities, like NY/Chicago based on friends' expediences.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)