cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't fix stupid

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I live in the middle of the block in town. Not a super busy street, but not a quiet one either. There are intersections less than 200' each side of me.

Here's the deal. I have to back the TT into my front yard, between 2 trees 12' apart. Not hard to do really. I always wait until traffic clears. But it NEVER fails that after I start the process, a car will come over the hill and run right up to the front of the truck, or rear of the TT. Understand, they can see me for more than 2 blocks, and there is ample time for them to turn, and go around, but they still come on. So guess what. They get to sit, and watch the master back slowly out of the road.
Once I get 50' of TV, and TT stretched out across a 30' road, ain't nobody getting by.
Were it me, and I saw a TT across the road, and I had a couple intersections to turn and go around. I'd do it in a New York minute.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers
53 REPLIES 53

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
I would still come down your street and have no problem waiting: I'm not in a hurry, I might learn something by watching, and I might get some cheap entertainment.

It's just like when I'm at a lake or a river - I have to hang out at the boat ramps. Sometimes I learn a new way to do something and sometimes I get a laugh for the day.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the same situation as the OP, except no trees. People speed around a curve going up a hill despite the posted 20 mph limit and are presented with a wall of aluminum backing up or the side of my TV. I have seen their front ends dive as the result of panic braking. Some go over the neighbor's lawn across the street. It's so bad that I'm considering having a sign made and plant it in the ground on the blind curve. Have not decided what it would say yet...
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our group has the same type problems you described and we now have sweatshirts, hats, and t-shirts with our own Bonehead logos.

It won't let me link the photo.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

sleepyT
Explorer
Explorer
Two words POLITICALY CORRECT. As a nation we are told, we are special and that" we deserve this" and "we deserve that". As a child I was taught I didn't deserve anything, that I had to work for what I got. Another thing that is Dumbing our nation down TELEVISION. Even the major stations show nothing but mindless BULL----. When I was young the shows on TV were real entertainment.

THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKEN TO IT!!!!!!!
ROSIE&TOMMY
2007 GMC 2500HD DURA MAX/ALLISON
2013 CRUISER PATRIOT 305SK

IN GOD WE TRUST
SEMPER FI

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Or maybe they just like to watch...they have a rig like yours and need to figure out how to do it right. Or they have a rig like yours and like to watch to see how many times it takes for you to get it right.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
mrquacker wrote:
They can not choose a different route, unless the GPS says it's OK.

Boy that's closer to the truth than a lot of us want to admit. Just the other day DW bought something and AGAST paid for it with cash and on top of that added change with pennies so she would get back two quarters and guess what ... the sales person couldn't figure it out:E and had to give the DW the change back and then make change based on a whole dollar figure.:R SAD BUT TRUE:(

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I should mention. It's a very small town. Main street is only one block away, running the same direction. It's no busier than my street, and there are more stops on my street.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
You never know,there may be some who don't know another route,or others like me who own 4 trailers.I'll give you the time and room to get it done.Then again,there are the few that are just idiots.Years ago when I worked for my dad,we were doing a kitchen remodeling job.The house was on a narrow,one way street and the delivery truck was dropping off the cabinets.A woman drives right up to the truck and starts screaming at us to move because she was late for work.She could see the truck from the intersection yet instead of turning she goes straight ahead.Spent 5 minutes yelling and threatening.That just made us work slower.After one more profanity filled tiraid she backs up the half a block.I just thought I'm glad I'm not married to her!

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
They can not choose a different route, unless the GPS says it's OK.