cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coach Net ERS Emergency Trip Interruption: Collision only?

CrusinSusan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for ERS (not a good sam fan, and AAA seems to only do reimbursements outside of your designated membership area...and seems to be offered only as an addition to already being a member via a car, which I may not have if I buy the rig I want) and going over Coach Net's plans, and the wording of the Emergency Trip Interruption benefit seems pretty clear, and thus gives me pause:

"Up to $2,000 reimbursement for automobile rental, food and lodging made necessary by the disablement of your RV due to a collision more than 100 miles from your home."

I emailed them yesterday to get clarification, but they take up to 2 days to respond to emails via their form (can't find an addy for them,...which is annoying in general...addy's mean I can have a hard copy of what I've written).

My concern is what if there is no collision? But rather a break-down (more likely for most of us). Seems to me that Coach Net would not cover food/lodging/car rental in that case. And that's what would be important to me.

I guess I'm asking because I'm hoping I'm wrong and that they worded it wrong.
Why? Because at my age, I have maybe 40 more chances to see flowers bloom.
CrusinSusan's Blog!!

22 REPLIES 22

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
JJBIRISH wrote:
You donโ€™t really think they havenโ€™t thought of the possibility do youโ€ฆ better push real hard to be convincingโ€ฆ

This benefit is not applicable if your RV is
disabled due to mechanical failure or
breakdown unless caused by a collision.

Whoops - Shudda put some smileys after that :): ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
You donโ€™t really think they havenโ€™t thought of the possibility do youโ€ฆ better push real hard to be convincingโ€ฆ

This benefit is not applicable if your RV is
disabled due to mechanical failure or
breakdown unless caused by a collision.
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
What all this means is, if you have a breakdown, get out and push yourself into a highway post.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
CrusinSusan wrote:
Welp, they didn't respond via email. And ya, it does seem clear in the print, but sometimes pointing out the clarity of a statement, about it's lack of inclusivity, is a statement unto itself. So yes, I asked for clarity, though it was clear, and not oddly enough, they didn't respond.

So, no "angst" (*ahem*). Just simple forethought.

And more power to anyone who has never had a company deny what was said on the phone. I've had it happen at least 2x in my life, and I like to avoid that situation, so yes, I believe in the power of email. Once you tell a company you have an email "to that effect", you get soooo much farther than when you say "...but someone from your office said . . ."

Nevertheless, they didn't respond, as they said they would, within 2 business days. Which, in and of itself, says a lot about them.

(lastly, jeeze)

as I suggested...give them a call. odds are you won't get the answer you're looking for since it seems to be spelled out pretty clearly in print. but if you do get the answer you're seeking you can then ask for confirmation in writing.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

CrusinSusan
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. It seems to be the norm to have it only for collision.
CrusinSusan's Blog!!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
The company I used to work for offered this coverage on the autos and it was only for collision damage, not mechanical breakdown.

CrusinSusan
Explorer
Explorer
Welp, they didn't respond via email. And ya, it does seem clear in the print, but sometimes pointing out the clarity of a statement, about it's lack of inclusivity, is a statement unto itself. So yes, I asked for clarity, though it was clear, and not oddly enough, they didn't respond.

So, no "angst" (*ahem*). Just simple forethought.

And more power to anyone who has never had a company deny what was said on the phone. I've had it happen at least 2x in my life, and I like to avoid that situation, so yes, I believe in the power of email. Once you tell a company you have an email "to that effect", you get soooo much farther than when you say "...but someone from your office said . . ."

Nevertheless, they didn't respond, as they said they would, within 2 business days. Which, in and of itself, says a lot about them.

(lastly, jeeze)
CrusinSusan's Blog!!

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Your contract with them will clearly state what is covered although sometimes ambiguously soโ€ฆ

What bothers me is why the feel they have to hide the contract and prevent you from reading it until after you bought the plan and they send it to youโ€ฆ no they want to control the information you get to their marketing dept. and the choreographed answers in their FAQโ€ฆ

Heck these guys no longer even have a site map in their website to try and fine the obscured informationโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

belfert
Explorer
Explorer
CrusinSusan wrote:
I'm looking for ERS (not a good sam fan, and AAA seems to only do reimbursements outside of your designated membership area...and seems to be offered only as an addition to already being a member via a car, which I may not have if I buy the rig I want) and going over Coach Net's plans, and the wording of the Emergency Trip Interruption benefit seems pretty clear, and thus gives me pause:

If it seems pretty clear then why all the angst over it? I have Coach-Net, and I know they are not going to provide me a way to get home unless I have a collision. If I have a collision my insurance will at least provide a rental car to get me home.

I bought Coach-Net for the towing and roadside mechanic aspect. I had one incident where a roadside mechanic was sent who had to drive six hours round trip. Coach-Net paid for the six hours of travel time which was basically about what I have paid for Coach-Net over the past few years.

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
CrusinSusan wrote:

"Up to $2,000 reimbursement for automobile rental, food and lodging made necessary by the disablement of your RV due to a collision more than 100 miles from your home."

I am having a hard time understanding why this is not clear to you. It plainly states "due to collision." Collision and break down are, obviously, not the same. If you do not trust them to tell you the truth on the phone, then you should not buy their service. If you think they would be dishonest on the phone, then you must also not believe their worded policies. Remember, they are only as good as their word. Nothing compells them to respond when you need them. They promise to send help as outlined in the agreement.

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
kalynzoo has the right idea.

Good Sam ESP wrote:
If your RV, car, truck or SUV is not useable due to a covered loss while you are more than 100 miles away from home, weโ€™ll help pay toward lodging and meals for up to 10 days - thatโ€™s up to $1,000 for hotels, motels and meals. Plus, weโ€™ll add $60 a day for up to 10 days - thatโ€™s up to $600 to pay for a rental car. (Note: Rental car benefit is not available on 5th Wheel and travel trailer coverage).

DISCLAIMER: I am not a GS employee, but do carry a GS ESP.;)

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
If your concern is only breakdown insurance then perhaps you should look at extended warranty products. Many will pay for some degree of trip interruption, or there is just trip interruption insurance. But really, if you have a toad or a tow vehicle you probably will not need to rent a car, and I don't know of anyone who will rent a replacement RV. Hotel/motel expenses in the boonies and food reimbursement may not be justified vs the cost of the policy.
You might try calling Wholesale Warranties and see what products they offer but I bet your looking for something that may not exist.

CrusinSusan
Explorer
Explorer
Jim,...ah, ya,..thanks.

FYI for others, I've had phone conversations that were later denied as ever having taken place, and that can happen with any company.

Lastly, I'm only concerned about break downs. I get that they cover a collision.

I do appreciate the personal stories. Thanks.
CrusinSusan's Blog!!

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
well they have done a great job of hiding their new contract so comparisons canโ€™t be made, but from what I have read everything is the same except for the addition of some offshore assistanceโ€ฆ I donโ€™t know that, its only what I read somewhere and I think it I read it on their web siteโ€ฆ

but I know what the previous contract read and breakdown was not a qualifying conditionโ€ฆ
Now this may be true with other plans toโ€ฆ

Qualifying Conditions:
โ€ข A collision means the colliding of an RV
driven by the member or covered dependent
with another vehicle or object which
does significant damage to the RV and
renders it unable to continue under its
own power.
โ€ข An object is defined as a fixed structure
such as a tree or the like. It does not include
normal road hazards such as potholes,
debris, or campground logs.