cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Compression socks

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
Dr. wants me to use these.Any brand suggestions?
10 REPLIES 10

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Got the Jobs brand seem to be working.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Bud had the vein surgery some years ago and needed compression stockings after that. He was not happy with the expensive stockings and somebody suggested the WalMart brand. What do you know?! He liked those best of all and has worn them ever since. They are often out of stock because, obviously, many people like them.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
Cant comment on brand but the Dr fixed me up with a half dozen pairs a couple years ago and the insurance was billed 100.00 per pair!
I still have a them and dont wear them like I am supposed to!
How the devil do you all get them on and then worse yet get them off!
I ended up using my sock tool that I got when I broke my back. They work for me and they a comfortable amazingly once I get them on
Im on oxygen and get SOB just putting on regular socks!
Recently I found some Dr SCHOLS semi-compression socks for like 8.00 a pair but they seem to be a good option for me. Bought them at Wal Mart

reluyog
Explorer
Explorer
My girlfriend has used compression stockings for 12 years or so, and has tried many brands. She likes the Truform brand (lites) the best. Good price and they work. The easiest way to put on compressions is to put your hand in the stocking and grasp the heel cup with your fingers. Pull back like you are pulling it inside out but stop short so the heel cup is not exposed by an inch or two. Then pull the stocking on over your instep. Then pull the fabric over your heel. Then pull the top of the stocking which is draped over your foot up your leg. This way you are only stretching two layers of fabric and not bunching up the material into a very tight elastic band. I hope that makes sense...best I could do.
Damian
1983 KW W900, 3406B Cat, RTO14615, 355's
1995 Carriage by Carriage triple axle 22K

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
Those copper socks are good also
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
I have experienced cellulitis in right leg about a year ago. Dr. said compression stockings are a must. I got 2 pair from my medical provider that were a joke. I could hardly get them on and they only provided white.

Tried 4 different brands. Only one that fit best was Jobst. All others cut off circulation at ankle above instep and were a BEAR to get on.

Just my opinion.

Best of Luck.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
JOBST

My DW uses the knee to toe socks. She has beige smooth type and sports sock type. Both work great but she leans towards the beige smooth type more frequently.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Sandra wrote:
Dr. wants me to use these.Any brand suggestions?

If you are talking about ankle to above the knee compression, I would suggest you look at the product "incredibrace" compression braces. The have products for your back,feet, wrist and arms. Go to "Foot Smart" on line. I have the used the compression socks/braces the Dr. recommended but I have found them to generally be a pain in the butt to take off and on and not that comfortable The "Incredibrace" is easy to put on and you can wear it all day and night if your condition requires it. I just wear my Incredibrace during the day and it provides enough compression to keep the swelling in control.

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter has Lymphedema in both lower legs and has tried several brands. She loves the Jobst brand. They have many different styles.
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.jobst-usa.com/

Kinda the innovator in the field as far as I know.