cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diabetic Help

PattieAM
Explorer
Explorer
Just went to a free diabetic overview class this evening and was given this website to track blood glucose, diet and exercise:

www.gomeals.com

I love it and thought it worth sharing. Free!
24 REPLIES 24

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
== posted a new topic ==
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
Can you record exercise time on report

Bob

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had to have my jeans/slax shortened due to smaller butt/stomach and legs thinner .. don't know about others ..

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
firestillon wrote:
PattieAM wrote:
Although I use the program and love it, I still keep written records - take them with me to other doctors.

Stress plays a part in elevated numbers, as does illness, some meds, diet/exercise or lack thereof. Steroids are my issue and reason I'm a diabetic. Wish I could get off them, but they are the only RA treatment I can tolerate at this time.

I had stress elevations, (due to money issues) and remembered to 'take action' doing almost anything is better than dwelling/brooding over the issue you cannot immediately solve. I do crossword puzzles, am starting to get back into some sewing, copying recipes, and I leave the TV set OFF. My old horse doctor told me years ago to turn off the television as the doom and gloom predictors have no good news and what they tell you of events you rarely have any control of. I dislike hearing about murders and it upsets me.

Bsinmich, I like your tale. My weight loss has me back into clothes I bought in the early 80's which has helped overcome the depression of the RA, diabetes, cancer, etc.

Did you have to have the pants shortened though? Waist didn't change much, only height.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

firestillon
Explorer
Explorer
PattieAM wrote:
Although I use the program and love it, I still keep written records - take them with me to other doctors.

Stress plays a part in elevated numbers, as does illness, some meds, diet/exercise or lack thereof. Steroids are my issue and reason I'm a diabetic. Wish I could get off them, but they are the only RA treatment I can tolerate at this time.

I had stress elevations, (due to money issues) and remembered to 'take action' doing almost anything is better than dwelling/brooding over the issue you cannot immediately solve. I do crossword puzzles, am starting to get back into some sewing, copying recipes, and I leave the TV set OFF. My old horse doctor told me years ago to turn off the television as the doom and gloom predictors have no good news and what they tell you of events you rarely have any control of. I dislike hearing about murders and it upsets me.

Bsinmich, I like your tale. My weight loss has me back into clothes I bought in the early 80's which has helped overcome the depression of the RA, diabetes, cancer, etc.

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for sharing ... now understand the stress factor and carbs better than b4 ..

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
well I am certainly glad it works for you garmp!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
emzee, the pump has done wonders for me. My numbers were so messed up before the pump it is hard to explain. My schedule, body chemistry and Endocrinologist require that I follow this regiment. Agreed, many people on the pump can and will simplify their lives, but I'm just a weirdo whose life is full of complications. Without my pump I'd really be up a creek, to put it nicely.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
why are your ratios different for different times of day?? where does your blood glucose hover around? Doesn't your pump take care of the numbers??

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being on a pump for about 10 years now, I count carbs. I am very conscientious about my numbers, as side effects are beginning to take their toll. The plus side is that this state of affairs and my current condition has greatly improved my math skills. AM carb to insulin ratio is 4 carbs to 1 unit insulin, lunch 9 to 1, supper 6 to 1. All you have to do is count the number of carbs you eat and do the math. Good exercise.
Life can be good, if you look at it as the glass halve full. If the glass is empty, there's nothing there to count. So count the positives!
thanks for listening to my rant.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bobcat304
Explorer
Explorer
A really good AP to get if you have an I-Phone is CalorieKing especially if you count carbs. It tells you different resturant foods plus other foods.
Bobcat

PattieAM
Explorer
Explorer

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
hahaha!!! bsinmich!!!!! can't win for losing lol!!!

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I am all in favor of computers and worked on my first one in 1960. I have built my own desk models and have had several laptops. I can not see any advantage to having to put everything into a computer when I can just write a few numbers in a book. I was 5'11" and 295# when I decided to lose some weight. I got down to 230 in 1.5 years and am now 230 and 5'8". I was a tall fat guy and now I ended up a short fat guy. I am afraid to lose any more because my pants drag on the street now.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford