Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't worry , it's dead....

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
This original property owner allowed us to share rental space for a
weekend of high desert RV camping....

Bride says.. "don't worry , it's dead , move it along".Tapped it with a twig...
sprung out to its' full hairy glory.
Wing span a little larger then my palm. It covered
ground quickly. I slept with one eye open.;)

ever wonder how many we don't see ? :B (BTW...I'm told these are harmless, awesome..but harmless.)

Perfect weekend.

Charles

2003 2500HD, 8.1L,CC,4.10,2WD,Allison
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox Ed.
Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat
47 REPLIES 47

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a buddy that has a tarantula a a pet. He has a fish tank with a Parana in it too.

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
Awww. How cute. We used to have a tarantula as a pet. Gentle as can be. It lived for seven years in a terrarium well fed on crickets. In it's later years, it's hairs actually turned gray.

The day I found it, I almost ran over it with the lawn mower and put it in a coffee can just to get it out of the way. The kids, who were little then, said "Can we keep it daddy", and it joined the dogs, birds, fish, frogs, lizards, and snakes as a pet.
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's all you wanted to know about tarantula migration. By the way, they are really gentle and docile if you don't provoke them. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://www.desertusa.com/dusablog/tarantulas-on-the-march.html
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
shoot...forget about the nightmares....I can't make it past the concept
of a "pet tarantula". :h ...as Mom used to say... "takes all kinds". :B

Charles
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
You know what they say about how spiders will crawl into your mouth and ears when you sleep!!!!

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite..........or the spiders!

Well! I just developed a sudden case of insomnia! OK, I'm ready to park my camper beside the "rowdy", dog barking, kid yelling, party throwing, loud music obnoxious campers now! Maybe all that noise, confusion, and craziness will... 1) Keep me awake so spiders won't end up in MY throat! or 2) Cause such a noise, the spiders will flee in fear!

Oh dodge guy! Why did you have to mention this! :E

You know that might even give me nightmares. I can imagine myself sleeping when the fuzz on my fuzzy blanket gets to close to my mouth. In my sleeping state my mind starts thinking "Tarantula' and I wake up screaming. And, we do not even have large spiders around here.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
You know what they say about how spiders will crawl into your mouth and ears when you sleep!!!!

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite..........or the spiders!

Well! I just developed a sudden case of insomnia! OK, I'm ready to park my camper beside the "rowdy", dog barking, kid yelling, party throwing, loud music obnoxious campers now! Maybe all that noise, confusion, and craziness will... 1) Keep me awake so spiders won't end up in MY throat! or 2) Cause such a noise, the spiders will flee in fear!

Oh dodge guy! Why did you have to mention this! :E

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
When I was in college I worked at a pet store and you could buy pet Tarantula's. I used to walk around with one crawling up my arm and shoulders. The funny thing is I never had customers want to ask me for help. LOL
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
Can't imagine the visual effect of a mass migration ... where were they headed ???? Bodega Bay ????
(hint..obscure Hitchcock reference for fans of ornithology :R).

I will keep a hairy eye on the interior of my 5ver... I hope I find the hitch-hikers before my bride....
that could save me 300 miles of the mal de ojo. :E

Never would have thought so many would have experience with El Tarantula ! Cool stuff. :C

Charles
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Keep them out of your RV with this.
Vinegar and coconut oil.

The first time I went to Florida my MH was inundated with spiders. Sprayed the vinegar and coconut oil inside the RV and haven't seen another one since. That mixture really works.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
cdlaine wrote:
Good Lord Chris !!! :E

I, for one, hope that 4-5 foot jump is urban mythology... perhaps sticking my cell phone in for an up close and personal spidey selfie wasn't such a good idea. My arms are a little short of 4-5 foot.:S

...then again... I only have to have response time faster then my bride ! :B

p.s. nope....not going to try the nekkid with a tarantula maneuver if I can help it. Have to take your word on that one.. :h

Charles

I am serious. They really can jump. Our kids (grown) came over for dinner one night last fall and showed us a picture they had taken with their phone of our front door. There was a tarantula about 4 inches across walking up the door. We opened and closed the door carefully and didn't disturb it. I would much rather have tarantulas in the yard than bugs and they are great bug catchers. I can skip the rattlesnakes and scorpions however.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
They also migrate - in BIG groups. I was driving down a highway and saw a lot of black ahead on the roadway. As I approached I could see thousands of them crossing. Naturally, many didn't make it across. ๐Ÿ™‚

We saw that once. Many years ago we were on I-40 in the Texas panhandle in the fall and saw thousands crossing the road. Really weird. I wanted to stop and take a picture, but my DW didn't care for the idea.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
They also migrate - in BIG groups. I was driving down a highway and saw a lot of black ahead on the roadway. As I approached I could see thousands of them crossing. Naturally, many didn't make it across. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
RAID

We have wasp's around here and they make a wasp spray that will shoot 6 feet. I wonder if they have something like that for spiders ?

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
lawd almighty get that thing away from me ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚