cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Feeling Confident

photonanax3
Explorer
Explorer
So I took a few girlfriends camping with me this weekend without the assistance of DH. On my own, got the camper hooked up, backed into the site without incident, had a great weekend, everything worked well and was feeling pretty good.

And then at the dump station, the line behind me increased to 2 others waiting. The guy second in line behind somehow had the impression I was having a problem dumping the tanks. I had everything hooked up correctly, pulled the valves in the right order and was just waiting for the tank to empty. He comes up to me and said "are you doing okay? I mean, it looks like you might need some help, can I hook your hoses up for you?" I looked at him and said "nope, got it pretty much covered - do this all the time with the hubby, think I can handle it". He walked off looking dejected.

In hindsight, I think he was pretty antsy and really didn't want to wait. To be considerate, when the tank was empty, I unhooked the sewer hose, pulled the camper forward so the next person could pull up, then went back to rinse out the hose.

I hope I surprised a couple of guys in that as a woman, I could do this on my own.
Live for today for yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not guaranteed.
31 REPLIES 31

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
There are a lot of women out there that can do anything a man can do.

There was a woman that I worked with. A very sharp gal. She said the very same thing. My response was "Yeah...? Well you can't pee standing up." To which she replied, "Oh, YES I CAN." To which I replied, "Ohh Yeah...Well you can't pee out a camp fire." To which she replied..."OK you got me there."

It is all in fun. I have great respect for women that can be self sufficient. And not held back by pre-conceived notions. You go girl. Hope to see you guys(oops...gals) on the road.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Larry Sanders wrote:
How can I get my Wife to Dump!

Become disabled. I did but believe you me, it is NOT worth it!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

photonanax3
Explorer
Explorer
I also know how to get a campfire going without the benefit of girl scout water, kerosene, gasoline or other such flammable liquids!

photonanax3
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Bubtoofat wrote:
Bubtoofat wrote:
HOLY COW! When it rains it pours. With your positive attitude I can see you getting through this mess no problem. Best of luck to you and hope you have a speedy recovery.
Mike

I don't know HOW this got posted on this topic. This was not the post I was responding to. Disregard please.:S

:B

I thought it was an accident that you posted that here...but it's actually pretty funny if read in this context!

Maybe he's referring the guys that are stroking out and having heart attacks when they hear that a woman is actually capable of doing some macho stuff.

photonanax3
Explorer
Explorer
McZippie - This guy obviously didn't see the rock on my left hand - that and I'm old enough to be his mother!

Vulcaneer - You had me rolling with laughter as I assume you are being humorous! And I do drive a truck - more so than hubby as his company vehicle is a Toyota Camry.

Just wait till hubby learns we plan to make this an annual event!

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Bubtoofat wrote:
Bubtoofat wrote:
HOLY COW! When it rains it pours. With your positive attitude I can see you getting through this mess no problem. Best of luck to you and hope you have a speedy recovery.
Mike

I don't know HOW this got posted on this topic. This was not the post I was responding to. Disregard please.:S

:B

I thought it was an accident that you posted that here...but it's actually pretty funny if read in this context!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Larry_Sanders
Explorer
Explorer
How can I get my Wife to Dump!
Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB

Bubtoofat
Explorer
Explorer
Bubtoofat wrote:
Mike

2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4X4 6.0
2011 Northstar Adventurer
Hellwig Bigwig, Ride-Rites, Fastguns, KYB Monomax.

"No matter where I am, I can't help feeling I'm just a day away from where I want to be."
Jackson Browne

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are a lot of women out there that can do anything a man can do. Notice how many are driving class 8 trucks now? Maybe he thought something was broken or a valve was stuck. With the attitude you seem to have about showing the men you can handle it I believe I will rethink helping ladys with flats or broken down on the highways. I wouldn't want anyone to think I really just wanted to help them. But then again if my wife had a problem I hope some one would help her. Glad you can do it for yourself, lots can't.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
Maybe he thought you were cute and wanted to test the waters with some small talk???

You have to be pretty desperate to attempt picking up a chick while she's off loading her **** at a dump station?
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I also took a few girlfriends camping once...DW did not care for the idea! :E
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcaneer wrote:
Oh No! Moderator....You MUST delete this thread. If other women read this, they'll discover that they really don't need us men any more. Then what? C'mon Moderator. You are a man.

Do not let this continue. Here we got a woman that can think for herself. Is self reliant. Very capable. And now is CONFIDENT. If she can do it, other women might think they can do it too. We cannot have this.

Lets face it. Backing up a trailer, dumping the tanks, hitching/unhitching. These are MACHO things. If women can do this, what on earth would they need men for? Next thing you know women will be driving big trucks, and arguing their truck is better than mine. They're better drivers. And you just cannot win an argument from a woman. This will be chaos, I tell you.

To the OP. While I admire your resolve and ability, your husband is to be admonished for liberating you. This whole thing is going to change the world. And while you may be a pioneer, he is to be ashamed for what he did to all us other men out here. He will live to regret his actions. This all started with the invention of power steering.

Great!! Best laugh I've had in a while. :B
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
Oh No! Moderator....You MUST delete this thread. If other women read this, they'll discover that they really don't need us men any more. Then what? C'mon Moderator. You are a man.

Do not let this continue. Here we got a woman that can think for herself. Is self reliant. Very capable. And now is CONFIDENT. If she can do it, other women might think they can do it too. We cannot have this.

Lets face it. Backing up a trailer, dumping the tanks, hitching/unhitching. These are MACHO things. If women can do this, what on earth would they need men for? Next thing you know women will be driving big trucks, and arguing their truck is better than mine. They're better drivers. And you just cannot win an argument from a woman. This will be chaos, I tell you.

To the OP. While I admire your resolve and ability, your husband is to be admonished for liberating you. This whole thing is going to change the world. And while you may be a pioneer, he is to be ashamed for what he did to all us other men out here. He will live to regret his actions. This all started with the invention of power steering.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
photonanax3 wrote:
I hope I surprised a couple of guys in that as a woman, I could do this on my own.
Good job. We men sometimes can't resist a damsel in distress, whether she actually is or not.

Some of us are so arrogant we can't imagine a woman dumping her own tanks either.