cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fire at Camping World in Woodvillage, Oregon

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
Terrible fire damages Camping World in Woodvillage just east of Portland off of I-84.

KGW News report
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR
13 REPLIES 13

mx727
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Durb wrote:
...On a shakedown trip I set up with a non functioning water heater, a wife and two granddaughters. A half hour later at CW and I had a new circuit board and igniter assembly, returned and water heater fixed....

But what about the non-functioning wife and grand daughters? Did you get them fixed as well? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I see what you did there. :B
2017 Montana 3950BR

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Durb wrote:
...On a shakedown trip I set up with a non functioning water heater, a wife and two granddaughters. A half hour later at CW and I had a new circuit board and igniter assembly, returned and water heater fixed....

But what about the non-functioning wife and grand daughters? Did you get them fixed as well? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

1SG
Explorer
Explorer
OP here! I didn't start this post to bash Camping World. The fire was a tragedy for Camping World of Wood Village, those persons that may have lost their RV while there and for those that utilize that facility. I am glad that the fire departments where successful in minimizing the damage considering the conditions in which they fought that fire.

Just be grateful for what you have and have compassion for those who are met with tragedy.

Paul
Paul & Sandy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
'56 Ford Customline Victoria
'62 Chevy Impala SS 409/4spd
U.S. Army Retired
Cloverdale, OR

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Your insurance pays you. They then subrogate the claim and try to collect the money they gave you from whoever was responsible for that fire.

No insurance? You can try to prove who was responsible and attempt collection from their insurance company. Good luck with that.

If your trailer was responsible for the fire, you and your insurance company are going to spend a lot of time in arbitration and/or court. If you don't have much insurance, your insurance company may just write that little check for the maximum amount and leave you on your own. I've seen that happen in big crash claims where the responsible party only had minimum $50K insurance, and the liability was going to be in the millions. They write the check and say, see ya....
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else notice we have a few "senior members" that live to put CW down. Would it not be great if the destroyed RV's belonged to them. Would really give them something to crow about.

harley_hitchike
Explorer
Explorer
if your trailer was lost in the fire who's insurance pays and if your trailer started the fire who is responsible. just curious what is in that repair agreement?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some stuff at CW.. I've seen for the exact same price at an "outlet store" which is supposed to be a discount outfit. So "Overpriced" does not always apply.

Other stuff... Well it's more expensive but you walk in, lay your money down, walk out and done.

Other stuff... Well about the only thing I won't buy there is service.

And if you want to really get Gored (And yes there is a pun in this sentence but I'm not telling what it is) I've seen RV stores that sell what I can get at CW for 20 bucks... For 40 or more.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think this makes the 4th thread on this topic.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
sfpcservice wrote:
Where do we buy overpriced RV supplies now??

Glad the Firemen weren't hurt.

I'm thinking the only way to get that much markup would be for me to buy stuff and then resell it to you.
And then you could sell it back to me. :B :B :B

Durb
Explorer
Explorer

I've spent a lot of time and money in that store. Never once was I forced into buying something.

On a shakedown trip I set up with a non functioning water heater, a wife and two granddaughters. A half hour later at CW and I had a new circuit board and igniter assembly, returned and water heater fixed. Sure I could have ordered the parts online for less but I was grateful to save our camping trip.

Just don't understand the reason for bashing CW.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kudos to the Gresham firefighters for limiting the damage to only about 10 or so RVs and some damage to the building. Winds in the area were 30 to 40 mph at the time.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Diesel_Camper
Explorer
Explorer

Glad the Firemen weren't hurt.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, reported yesterday