cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

toprudder
Explorer
Explorer
ArmySFCRet wrote:
I just checked our underbed storage. Opened it up and there was this HUGE hunk of greasy steel sitting there making all kinds of noise.

Then it is working properly. Or, at least it is working. ๐Ÿ™‚
Bob, Martha, and Matt.
Tucker, the Toy Poodle
'09 K-Z MXT20, '07 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Toprudder.com

dboliek1112
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I was looking for. Shows step by step how to build a new bed platform. They left a long area in the middle. Don't know the width of your chairs, but that might work. Let us know how it comes out.

http://www.rv-boondocking-the-good-life.com/rvbed.html
"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." Benjamin Franklin

Dave and Missy Boliek
Roxeanne, Bell and MaggieMoo
2000 Winnebago Chieftain
2007 Saturn Aura

dboliek1112
Explorer
Explorer
Search storage under bed in this forum. Lots of ideas there.
"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." Benjamin Franklin

Dave and Missy Boliek
Roxeanne, Bell and MaggieMoo
2000 Winnebago Chieftain
2007 Saturn Aura

ArmySFCRet
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked our underbed storage. Opened it up and there was this HUGE hunk of greasy steel sitting there making all kinds of noise. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ So much for under bed storage. ๐Ÿ™‚

'04 Cross Country 35' w/300 Cummins
'14 Ford Escape on KarKaddy 460SS
'09 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew 5.7 Hemi MDS
'51 & '53 Hudson Hornets 308 6cyl w/

TWIN H-POWER

&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:
Grand Canyon Chapter of Hudson Essex Terraplane Club Inc

suerover
Explorer
Explorer
darrentonya asked "Does anyone have any ideas of how to make dividers under our bed?'

The plastic zipper bags are perfect for storing things like sheets and blankets and they can be stuffed in places without worry about getting things dirty. Dividers are fine until you want to put something bigger into the space you just divided up
www.ourtravelswithrover.com
2002 24 RB Born Free/1999 23 RK Born Free

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put clean things in the large bins, like under bed ones on rollers, and that keeps the clean clean while the others get to mix with each other. You will be suprised that most items will not move around while in storage.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We use large plastic bins with lids to divide up the space under the bed. They are the perfect height for our under bed space, keep things clean, and can be re-arranged for changing storage needs.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

jagco
Explorer
Explorer
darrentonya wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas of how to make dividers under our bed? It raises up and we have one huge area to store items. But if we put chairs under it and extra bed sheets, pillows and covers we dont want them all dirty from the chairs. Would it be hard to get boards and make dividers ourself are is their a easier way?

You could always put trash bags around the chairs ๐Ÿ™‚
Otherwise, depending on your carpentry skills, dividers shouldn't be to hard to build out of thin plywood.
1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)

darrentonya
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any ideas of how to make dividers under our bed? It raises up and we have one huge area to store items. But if we put chairs under it and extra bed sheets, pillows and covers we dont want them all dirty from the chairs. Would it be hard to get boards and make dividers ourself are is their a easier way?

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Alaska, keeping warm (even on cool summer nights) is an issue. I found that a fake feather comforter on the bed did wonders. We also often have our heater going during the night (yes, even in summer) and that seemed a big waste of expensive propane. I bought a small ceramic heater that has a built in thermostat, and we use that at night. Now our furnace never comes on in summer and doesn't work nearly as hard in fall.

Keeping the light out is more of a problem here than being able to see around the campsite in summer. We will never need solar lights or lights on our awning! However, we do like to sleep in a relatively dark room. Since we only want to temporarily darken the room, by husband took an old high density foam sleeping pad and cut it to fit our bedroom windows and overhead vent. We tuck them in (they stay because they are sized slightly larger than the opening) and sleep like babies, then remove them in the morning when we want to see our precious sunlight.

jacqui583
Explorer
Explorer
Holy Hanna. My entire life has been consumed by this thread for the last three days. Now back to our regular programming...

darrentonya
Explorer
Explorer
This forum has really helped me get our tt organized with the 6 of us it seems like their is never enough room. Thanks for all the useful ideas!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Autorino wrote:
3 more drawers to load stuff you don't need.

LOL! Yep!

Guy_Autorino
Explorer
Explorer
ackjay said he tore up his tiki torches, Get a 4 ft pice of rebar drive it in ground and slide torch over it, it will never tip over. also in our rig there is a vanity which DW never used so we put stackable plastic drawers under it, 3 more drawers to load stuff you don't need.

crazyoldcoot
Explorer
Explorer
twocruisin wrote:
My backup camera system has space for two cameras......I mounted a second camera on the roof, in front of and just higher than the air conditioner (Which is the tallest point on the bus).....I can approach a suspect overpass slowly and if the camera shows that it will make it under the overpass, I know the rest of the bus will too..........I know it's an expensive way to do it, but it sure works for me......It also gives me a great look down the road when I'm in bumper to bumper traffic......I can see over everyone for miles ahead........
I can switch back to the rear view camera anytime I want......

Wow what an idea! I'm not so high tech. I put the wife up there and if she is still there when the trip is over I know all went well.