cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
I found drip trays at Lowe's this week to use in the short cabinet above our sofa. I like to put can goods and some other food items there, so that I don't have to step onto my dinette to reach stuff (yes, I am short). The drip trays have a small lip on them to keep food where it is supposed to go, but doesn't prevent me from seeing what items I have. They aren't too deep, so they fit just right. I love them. Now it remains to be seen if they move during travel.

Ken-Deb
Explorer
Explorer
dboliek1112 wrote:
Super Thread. Thanks everyone for great ideas. And I couldn't do it in 3.5 hours... took 3 days (off and on).

We doubled the storage space in many of our cabinets... since the top half usually isn't filled... by purchasing rubber-coated wire shelving with legs. Less than $6.00 each at Walmart.

Do these move around traveling? I've seen them, but wondered how stable they would be. Thanks,

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
That is a really good idea!

Silveradomike
Explorer
Explorer
I have an idea that work for me when leaving CG. This may work for others. When I leave our CG they ask that you leave your registration slip with any comments about your stay in a large pole container with a horizontal mail box like slot in it. Then you must press a button just above it to raise the train like gate to drive out. I got tired of having to pull close to the pole to drop my slip in and push the button. Doing this would get me very close to the corner of the building as you went out, some people have hit the corner going out. What I finally did so as not to do this any more was to purchase a wooden dowel 3/4"x3'. I rounded the end to a dull point and cut a slot into the point. This allows me to put my slip in the slot of the dowel. I can then put the slip in the opening of the pole and with a twist of the dowel drop the slip in the opening and then push the button all without getting anywhere close to the building amymore. Sorry for all the verbiage but it was a little difficult for me to explain.
2005 2500HD Duramax/Allison,Air-lift Bags,CST 4" Lift,Nitto 297/75/16
Reese 16k/4way Pivot,BlueOxe Bed Protector
2004 Northwood ArcticFox 27-5L,Honda 3000U Generator

Denise_in_Ark
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that's just so strange, because I didn't change anything. I've made changes before so I'm familiar with the tools there, but I honestly didn't even go to the page at all in a long time. Oh well. As long as I don't miss any of these awesome ideas, I'm tickled. As long as I don't see any dead people. Yuk.

MudBetweenMyToe
Explorer
Explorer
Denise in Ark wrote:
TreeSeeker wrote:
I see 159 pages.

That's what I had, now I only have 80. Didn't purposely reset anything, and the pages seem to have about the same number of posts on them as always. Too weird.

This is a result of your preferences. Once logged in, click on "My Forums" at the top right corner of the web page. On the next page, about 1/3 way down the page you'll see a gray bar with links, in which you'll see a link for "My Preferences". In the "General Preferences" section of the next page, look for "Posts Per Page". If you select 10, you'll see 160 pages in this forum. If you select 20, you'll see 80 pages in this forum.

That easy!
Complete Newbies Judie & Ruby (Ruben) + 3 rugrats (ages 3, 5, 7)
1997 Ford F250 Super Cab 4x4 7.3L V8 Diesel with Banks Kit
(with incredibly uncomfortable seatbelts)
1994 Layton Skyline 2720 Limited 5th Wheel

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I see 159.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

Denise_in_Ark
Explorer
Explorer
TreeSeeker wrote:
I see 159 pages.

That's what I had, now I only have 80. Didn't purposely reset anything, and the pages seem to have about the same number of posts on them as always. Too weird.

TreeSeeker
Explorer
Explorer
I see 159 pages.

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Denise in Ark wrote:
Did I miss something? Topic is down to 80 pages. Where did the rest of it go?

Maybe you've reset your preferences to show more posts per screen/page?

Jim, "Is Disney World a people trap run by a mouse?"
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Denise_in_Ark
Explorer
Explorer
Did I miss something? Topic is down to 80 pages. Where did the rest of it go?

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting device... maybe for really hot weather and no wind, but with my venturi vent cap, I can save a few electrons.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

vacman
Explorer
Explorer
No chemicals, no odors, great...Best thing I ever purchased for the RV
John and Sandy
2008 Dutch Star 4354 Bath & 1/2
2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
So. Indiana

Scrapz
Explorer
Explorer
OLYLEN wrote:
Saw the using of wet wipes for spit baths but there is a better product, learned this from a intimate look at the medical community(near heart attack). Rite-aid has hospital wet wipes, there bigger and thicker plus being designed for the bath. When dry camping we use them as they are big enough for a total body wash and have some body order killer that really leaves one feeling fresh. Still gotta figure out washing the hair though.

LEN

Hospital supply stores should have a waterless shampoo for hair. It's not perfect, but it does an ok job. It will at least get the campfire smell out and let you feel fresher.
Kathy :B

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Saw the using of wet wipes for spit baths but there is a better product, learned this from a intimate look at the medical community(near heart attack). Rite-aid has hospital wet wipes, there bigger and thicker plus being designed for the bath. When dry camping we use them as they are big enough for a total body wash and have some body order killer that really leaves one feeling fresh. Still gotta figure out washing the hair though.

LEN