cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

johnbhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Battery-powered frother? Where from pray tell?
-C&J-
www.fugawetribe.com

MrWizard
TMBLSN wrote:
WildPlumYonder wrote:
...can't do coffee...

???

X2

expresso is made from coffee

Kinda like saying , "I don't do gassers but I got a Hemi"

And frappuccino, is just frothy milk with coffee flavoring

So he likes the two extremes but not the real deal
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

schneid
Explorer
Explorer
"but this year bought a new one (along with a battery-powered frother for milk) and now I can have my cappuccino while camping."

Where did you get this?

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
WildPlumYonder wrote:
...can't do coffee...

???
Lee

WildPlumYonder
Explorer
Explorer
Denise in Ark wrote:
BurbMan wrote:
The best addition we've made is the Melitta Manual Drip Coffee Maker. Works just like a Mr. Coffee, exept you heat the water on the stove and pour it over the grounds. makes excellent coffee amd best of all requires no electricty when boondocking!

If there is only one coffee drinker in the house, a small french press makes fabulous coffee and is also electricity-free. But Melitta also makes a little plastic gadget that sits on top of your coffee mug and holds a filter and enough coffee for one cup. Just pour the boiling water over the coffee, and when it's done, you have a cup of drip coffee.

For those of us who can't do coffee but can do espresso, the Bialetti Moka stove-top unit is wonderful. Had an old one that was a funky size and I could never get the right gasket for it, but this year bought a new one (along with a battery-powered frother for milk) and now I can have my cappuccino while camping.

TT: 2017 Keystone Hideout 21FQWB (prior 2011 FR Wolf Pup, 1990 Starcraft tent trailer, tent camping)
TV: 2013 Ford F150 5.0 V8, 373
(map is where I've camped, not where I've lived or visited)

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I get better results by applying to the 2 surfaces and let cure for at least an hour like the instruction say then put the weight on it.

horseylady wrote:
I have used the heavy duty velcro with sticky back (lowe's, Walmart, wherever) to hang pictures and other things in RVs for years. This includes in Arizona and Virginia. Just make sure the surface is clean (wipe with alcohol, or maybe there's something better). Just use as many pieces as you need to hold the weight of the object being hung. I always keep the one inch width on hand and just cut it down if needed.

I guess you all know the trick on hanging pictures, mirrors, etc., is to put both pieces of velcro on the picture, and then take the tape off the sticky side (the side that goes on the wall) and press the whole thing to the wall. Sure beats trying to put the pieces on the picture and on the wall separately and then matching them up!
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

horseylady
Explorer
Explorer
I have used the heavy duty velcro with sticky back (lowe's, Walmart, wherever) to hang pictures and other things in RVs for years. This includes in Arizona and Virginia. Just make sure the surface is clean (wipe with alcohol, or maybe there's something better). Just use as many pieces as you need to hold the weight of the object being hung. I always keep the one inch width on hand and just cut it down if needed.

I guess you all know the trick on hanging pictures, mirrors, etc., is to put both pieces of velcro on the picture, and then take the tape off the sticky side (the side that goes on the wall) and press the whole thing to the wall. Sure beats trying to put the pieces on the picture and on the wall separately and then matching them up!
Pam and Bob
Boon (Jack Russell), Jezzie (Australian Shepherd)
2017 Winnebago View 24V
RVing since 1973 but always learning

jagco
Explorer
Explorer
Right off the coil n wrap web site:

"It will handle temperatures up to 212 degrees F or 100 C"
1977 Diamond Class C
(Ford E350, 460)

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if the high temp velcro will hold in triple degree temps. It never gets over 80 degrees here in South Carolina. If you believe that I have some very good buildable swamp land available cheap. I do not think there would be a problem. Mine has never fell off or even loosened in well over 100+ days. The company that has it, Coil n Wrap, is located in AZ. Probably why they have it.
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Flatten rolls of paper towels and toilet tissue BEFORE putting them on the holders. Open tube just enough to place on the holder.They wont unroll until pulled. And no sharp objects.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

Denise_in_Ark
Explorer
Explorer
hermandutchman wrote:
sepisllib wrote:

Bill
kWe also have a squeege in home shower. We use a large straigt pin to keep the paper towels from rolling off. The small stick on hooks with the pull off stick surface works good for key holders by the door.

Hot Doggies! I just happen to have a couple of corsage pins left from a wedding last weekend and they will work perfectly for this. One in the kitchen, one in the bathroom. Thanks!

hermandutchman
Explorer
Explorer
sepisllib wrote:
We keep a little short handled squeege hanging in the shower all the time. Last one showering just takes a few seconds to squeege down the 4 sides all the way to the floor.

Wonderful.

Bill
kWe also have a squeege in home shower. We use a large straigt pin to keep the paper towels from rolling off. The small stick on hooks with the pull off stick surface works good for key holders by the door.

Denise_in_Ark
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
The best addition we've made is the Melitta Manual Drip Coffee Maker. Works just like a Mr. Coffee, exept you heat the water on the stove and pour it over the grounds. makes excellent coffee amd best of all requires no electricty when boondocking!

If there is only one coffee drinker in the house, a small french press makes fabulous coffee and is also electricity-free. But Melitta also makes a little plastic gadget that sits on top of your coffee mug and holds a filter and enough coffee for one cup. Just pour the boiling water over the coffee, and when it's done, you have a cup of drip coffee.

MrWizard
Command.strips are NOT velcro, are permanent but removable, Not on-off hook & loop velcro

Yes they stay put, I have command hooks holding keys, flashlights, doggie bags, bath robes etc... With triple digit calif heat,.none have ever come loose,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Will that high temp Velcro hold in triple degree temperatures? We have had over 105ยฐ here this year!