cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has or uses "Happy Camper" Holding Tank Products

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
We figured this would be a good place to find out if the product "Happy Camper" holding tank products work. We have used different products over the years and this one caught hubby's eye. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W
23 REPLIES 23

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOFAT36 wrote:
Oh yeah and nothing goes down our toilet unless it's been eaten first.
I saw a TV show once about someone addicted to eating TP. Just how much TP do you guys eat in a day? :B

Has anyone out there done a test on a scientific basis to see if any of the treatments do anything whatsoever to digest/liquefy/break down the contents and make it easier to dump and flush? I would say many use treatments simply because they *think* it helps. Water works great for dumping & flushing the contents away if you take the time to do it. I wish a wastewater engineer or other professional in the field would come along and test and review the various RV products.

I don't understand why so many get upset with a momentary little whiff of the black tank odor. I spent every summer as a kid at my parents cabin which had an outhouse. OMG, a brief whiff of an RV holding is absolutely nothing in comparison and it's gone in seconds anyway.

No chemicals for me - waste of time and money.

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using Happy Camper for the last year and have been very pleased with it.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

MrWizard
i wonder how many of those "just use water" campers
dry camp for extended periods and have to manage water

i wonder how many are full hook up, and dump every couple of days before moving on

yeah water works, if you don't have to hold it for 10 days for the next trip to the dump station
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
I wasn't getting odor inside but the smell coming out the blacktank rooftop vent was no too pleasant!!...Happy Camper eliminated the smell.... having a clean tank with lots of water still gets smelly after you poop in it!!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
We use Cascade dishwasher liquid & have for years. No smell or problems and cheaper. Oh yeah and nothing goes down our toilet unless it's been eaten first.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using "Happy Camper" in our holding tanks for 11+ years. It makes happy campers out of us. ๐Ÿ™‚

"Happy Camper" is not a chemical. It is an enzyme additive which breaks down organic material, helps eliminate any clogs and odors.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I too find no need for chemicals in the holding tank.

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
We used Happy Camper from the time we purchased our first RV in Dec 2014, based on ratings and recommendations. No problems or odor issues. The huge tub we purchased ran out while on the road a few weeks ago.

We were moving often, could not found Happy Camper in stores. I purchased a different product, a well rated brand. From the start, we noticed odor. Not strong but enough.

I ordered a new tub online.
happynow

Steve and Carol

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Just lots of water, and the Geo Method while in transit, works for us. I personally don't think there is any need for chemicals.
It's a holding tank, not a septic system. If your roof vent isn't blocked, and toilet seal is good, there shouldn't be any smell.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us