Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you had a perfect camping trip?

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
We have.

We were in the Big Horn Mountains in the National Forest a few years back with our Best Camping Buddies. No one within sight of our camp. We sat outside longer than we usually do, the late evening was perfect! Skies lit up with stars, the moon shining bright. Our campfire was small so we could see the sky.

We were sitting quietly when our Buddy said, "It doesn't get any better than this."

How right he was.
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS
37 REPLIES 37

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like a wonderful time OP.

there is the perfect camping trips ๐Ÿ™‚ I have them all the time. It is what you make them no matter what the circumstances.

I love rving so much that it would take a world of upset to even make a dent away from perfect.

yes, OP. I had many perfect trips and still except more to come.

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
All the time!

Bob

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
I've camped all my life (I'm now almost 59). Funny thing is, even the trips we've taken that have had things go wrong, we still look back on them fondly and laugh about the quirky things that have happened. The coolest things my adult kids say now is always prefaced with "remember that time when we were camping and...."
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Four years ago we took our 96 Southwind to Canada. I checked and rechecked everything to make sure there would be no problems.
100 miles from home I had trouble starting it and had to use the boost switch.
We got into Connecticut and it poured for hours, the roadway was flooded causing major traffic backups.
We stopped in Bangor ME and a friend who is an electrician checked my system and couldn't find any problems.
Just before we entered Canada we stopped for gas and my AutoPark went out.
Just after entering Canada our GPS directed us to a road that suddenly narrowed and turned to dirt.
We got to our campsite outside Alma NB, while parking the engine stalled. I had to jump it to get it started.
We were there a week and it rained just about every day.
My 12 volt electic light system got real weird while at the campground. Turn on one light and others would go off.
Lights would turn themselves on and off. I finally found a bent fuse prong that was apparently causing the problem.
When leaving I had to jump the engine again.
One rear leveling jack would not retract, I had to break loose the hydraulic line to retract the jack.
I managed to leave my favorite flashlight under the wheels when I moved the motorhome prior to leaving (missed it on my walkaround).
Just before we entered customs coming back to the states, the pin that holds the gearshift to the steering column came out and the gearshift lever fell on the floor.
So I sat talking to the custons agent while putting the gearshift together, hoping he didn't ask me to get out, the AutoPark still was not working. I thought I could get home using wheel chocks when we stopped.
It pretty much rained the whole way home.
The reason we went to Alma was to attend a funeral.

It was a perfect trip. I'd do it again in a minute. The good times always outweigh the small problems. ๐Ÿ™‚

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a different person when we trailer out:
Attentive
Appreciative
Friendly
Happy
Rested
Tolerant
Willing

Maybe all of our outings are perfection.

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if any have been perfect but the best ones have been where I had to backpack or kayak to a remote location. Seems like the folks who usually ruin a camping trip prefer to drive right up to their campsites.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
All of my camping trips have been perfect. Some just a little less perfect then others.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
I had one about 5 years ago. The trip was nothing specular but I got back home and nothing broke.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Dr__Blake
Explorer
Explorer
Olde Volks Place wrote:
phenrichs wrote:
SkiingSixPack wrote:

Every day a blessing
Every meal a feast
Every paycheck a fortune
and
Every camping trip with my family - Perfect!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I am pretty sure there is no better response.

Couldn;t have said it any better.

Best post I have seen in a long, long, long, long!!! time.

Good to keep things in perspective.
2013 GMC 3500HD Diesel Denali
2019 Outdoors RV 28BHS
Sold - 2012 Arctic Fox 25S
Alberta Canada

2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 CrewMax (Sold - I loved this truck)

Olde_Volks_Plac
Explorer
Explorer
phenrichs wrote:
SkiingSixPack wrote:

Every day a blessing
Every meal a feast
Every paycheck a fortune
and

Couldn't have said it any better.

Locky
Explorer
Explorer
They are all good but our favorite had to be 9 years ago when we were able to escape for the weekend without the kids and we hiked/backpacked through a national forest to a secluded spot on Lake Michigan. 3 days of no clothes, lots of swimming, relaxing and.....you know.

phenrichs
Explorer
Explorer
SkiingSixPack wrote:

Every day a blessing
Every meal a feast
Every paycheck a fortune
and

2006 Ram 3500 Megacab Cummins
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

tekman741
Explorer
Explorer
no mother in law
2019 4runner sr5 premium
no camper yet coming soon, other wise tent camping with boyscouts

ata3001
Explorer
Explorer
Anytime I'm out camping & not at work, it's perfect.
Ron & BJ
2008 Dutchmen Freedom Spirit FS180 w/full factory dark tinted glass. (9 .yrs w/o any issues)
2014 Chevy Silverado LT Dbl cab, 5.3 L, 4 WD, tow pkg, max payload pkg, Prodigy

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:

We was camping at CAMP DORIS around a hugh lake inside the Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge (OKLA) one time
Roy Ken

Sorry to cut your quote so much but wanted to say: we loved to go to Mt Scott! And have a Mears Burger up there in Mears!
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS