RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

License plate light

My previous vehicle I towed had an old school wiring system with switches and relays. For the marker lights I simply tapped into the light feed at the under-hood relay and added a diode there so the tow vehicle could power the entire marker light ci...

Ford Focus Towing

I am leaning towards a Ford Focus Hatchback. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is easier to tow an automatic or manual transmission. The manual doesn't say there are any differences in the set up, but just checking that is true.

Some info to pass on """UPDATE UPDATE"""

just wanted to pass on some info about a product i used and what happened. i bought a can of the clear flex seal (as seen on tv). i don't have any leaks in our 21 TT but figured i would just spray all the seams to to prevent any leaks.sprayed the sid...

joelyn by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

TKA miss the RV

Had my Knee replaced back in June it has been a very painful journey.Have had a few surgeries and this has to be the worst.PT is hard to but have to keep it up to gain range of motion back. Its hard to see the MH just siting there waiting on me.

rkentzel by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Fridge Not Cooling, In Fact Hot.

We just made it back home yesterday after an 11 day trip. After arriving home my wife went i to the camper and said the fridges isnt on. At that stage i hadn't gotten around ro plugging the fw in. Then in came to me, it should be on, i went and che...

Carrier V A/C Blower Fan 51CM501514

Found a direct replacement for the cracked plastic blower fan. Made by Lau in Indiana. The best price I found was from HVACbrain.com at $38 plus shipping. Works perfectly and the unit is so much quieter running, beautiful !!! Fan is made of steel ins...

okmann by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Flat Towing New Ford F150 Or Dodge Ram 1500?

I would like to hear from someone who is actually flat towing a 2015 or 16 Ford F150 or a Dodge Ram 1500 as to what is involved in getting it ready to tow. I'm presently towing a GMC in which all I have to do is put the transfer case in neutral, take...

Intermittent brakes!!!!

Good morning. So have a question as I am trying to find out where my issues lays. Took our rig out for the first weekend yesterday with our new truck. Hooked up to truck and the it didn't immediately show up as trailer connected. Pulled the ...

Why I carry a boat-load of lumber

Because you just never know how unlevel a campsite will be. Lynx blocks are OK for some folks, but some of the campsites I've gotten into probably would have taken five hundred dollars woth of Lynx blocks to get everything level and stable. I've alwa...

Insurance for others for my RV?

If I was lending my RV to friend for a trip, is he covered under my insurance? What if he's paying to use the RV? does that change anything?Do I need a different policy or to have him find get his own policy?

Rite of passage, first blow out

On the return trip from a successful night of motorcycle Flat Track racing at Tarheel Speedway, near Lumberton, NC, I experienced my first blowout, 70 miles from home. Traveling south bound on I-95 near Summerton, SC, the passenger side, inside tire ...

timboln by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes