cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda HRV

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Been seeing commercials for these crossfits anyone know if they can be towed 4 down?
8 REPLIES 8

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Falconbrother said 'Best car ever',

Scuse me but I must disagree.

My Honda Element had 186,000 miles on it when I traded it for my current tow truck.

Ran like a top. AND I didn't even need to replace the radiator ! :B

Great vehicles x2 !

Oh, maybe because they are both Hondas ????

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a used CRV and be happy. I have pulled my 99 4x4 model all over the place and as long as you start it every fuel stop and select some gears to oil everything up it will go and go and go. I see CRVs behind motorhomes everywhere. And, when you get where your going the CRV does everything everyone does 99.9% of the time. You can go far newer than mine of course. The CRV is a heck of a great car though. They say it must be towed like under certain speeds and that it needs to run through the gears every 150 miles or whatever. I ignore all of that and always have. I run it through the gears when I stop to fuel up the motorhome. I start it while connected to the motorhome and hold the brake, select RD321. Put it back in neutral and keep on driving. I have 180,000 on it now and the only major repair (other than normal servicing) is a radiator. Best car ever.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
What do you know. Good to know. Thanks.
What you need to flat tow a Ford C Max
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
atreis wrote:
CVTs are never truly disengaged which is why they can't be flat towed - this restriction is true for all CVTs regardless of make.

Except Ford has several CVTs that can be towed just fine. We've been towing our Hybrid for 7 years now with no problem.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
CVTs are never truly disengaged which is why they can't be flat towed - this restriction is true for all CVTs regardless of make.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
pa traveler wrote:
Thanks ,im surprised that the new crvs cant be towed 4 down. You think they would want all the rv business.

The RV toad business is microscopic compared to their total unit sales. That's why automotive manufacturers could care less if their vehicles are towable or not.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks ,im surprised that the new crvs cant be towed 4 down. You think they would want all the rv business.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
It's based on the Fit. The CVT transmission models can't be flat towed, but the manual shift models can. The HR-V has two models with a manual tranny - 2wd LX and 2wd EX, both with 6-speed manual.