cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to carry blackstone griddle

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
I’m asking how do you wrap/store/contain the greasy top when you pack up to move on. I bought the 2 burner and wish now I’d gone with the smaller unit.
25 REPLIES 25

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
ken56 wrote:
Your griddle top should not stay greasy. Clean it after every use then wipe a light coat of canola oil all over it again before it cools all the way down.

If you are talking about puddles of congealed grease, agreed. You should always scape off the excess.

But assuming you didn't cook something with a lot of water that could strip the oils or strong spices that will taint the next meal...just scrape clean, a little water on the hot griddle if there is stuck on food and make sure it's dry. A thin sheen of bacon grease works just fine to protect it for a few days between uses.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
I had the 17" model and just cleaned and wiped the griddle, packed it in its carrying case and put it in a storage bay.

I now have a 22" with the hood. I just clean and wipe the griddle, close the hood and set it in the storage bay next to the Green Mountain pellet smoker and gas grill.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I clean my after each use. And especially before I pack up to move on.

Not that hard. Why would you want to pack a dirty/greasy top?

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

BSWS19
Explorer
Explorer
This might be a little weird but it works for me. I have a plastic bin with lid, big enough for the 22" Blackstone. After cleaning the griddle I cover, just the cast iron, with one of my old $9 WalMart 2XL sweatshirts. I put that in the bin first and put the lighter base on top of it. Neither sit flat in the bin, they go in at an angle then the lid goes on.
2017 Minnie Winnie 31K
2003 Wrangler

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
ken56 wrote:

Your griddle top should not stay greasy. Clean it after every use then wipe a light coat of canola oil all over it again before it cools all the way down.

Grape seed oil for the high temperature resistance

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Youtube has many videos on how to care for your griddle and how to clean and maintain it. I have the 22" and it has the metal hood attached so I put it in the back of my truck stacked on the folded stand and it rides fine. I use it at home so when we get back it gets set up again ready to use.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
As others mentioned clean it with heat and water.
I have a lid on mine. I also have a carry bag that is large enough to hold the entire grill with closed lid. It all packs away very easily.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I clean it after each use. Buy a cheapo scraper at a dollar store and a squeeze bottle for water. When you're done cooking and the grill is still hot, squeeze water on the cooktop. It was steam up and start cleaning. Scrape the grill top with the scraper. Continue this process until its clean. Let it dry, put it away.

The 22" is better because it has higher BTU (helpful in wind) and the option for 2 different temps for searing steak, then slow cooking, or cooking eggs on one side and potatoes on the other, or sausage on one side and peppers and onions on the other, etc.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 17" Blackstone with a lid. You can add the lid on any of the 17" units, not just the one Blackstone says, see Youtube videos for simple instructions on how make that happen. I carry the griddle in a Royal Gourmet bag that fits nicely and has pockets for the small propane bottles or other stuff.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a large heavy duty plastic bag to store it in when it's cool. The 17 inch works best for just the two of us. We have the nylon carry bag for the base. We carry it in the storage compartment in the slide that used to have the TV in it. We moved the TV to the garage.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I clean my 17 after each use. It has a cover that I just close.