cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to stop neighboring campers from

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
This may sound silly, but I am currently camping and one neighbor cuts across my site while he is going and coming from his boat.

It is not that he is cutting through BUT when he does, he is within 2 feet of my camper door and within 4 feet of us sitting there talking.

I struck up a conversation with him and during this conversation asked if he would mind crossing the campsite a little further back from our camper. At that point he stormed off and said kiss my a..

Anybody have a simialr experience and if so were you able to resolve it?
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab
137 REPLIES 137

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
John S. wrote:
I would have called the game warden. That is too many fish in his possession. Solve the problem by getting his stuff impounded.

How is it too much in his possession? Possession has nothing to do with it. How much he takes per day does. If he's there a week and the creel limit is 50 bream a day, he could easily have 350 bream in his freezer.

Many states have a possession limit as well.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
John S. wrote:
I would have called the game warden. That is too many fish in his possession. Solve the problem by getting his stuff impounded.

How is it too much in his possession? Possession has nothing to do with it. How much he takes per day does. If he's there a week and the creel limit is 50 bream a day, he could easily have 350 bream in his freezer.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
As it turned out, no geese were building a nest there (not at that time).

My guess is that others may have complained about them and that was the excuse the camp host used to tell them to stop.

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Three easy steps to keep wanderers 30' or more from your door.

1....buy a 20' chain.

2....Attach one end of chain to RV.

3....Attach GSD to other end of chain.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
In Ontario Whats in your freezer counts towards your possession limit. This guy sounds so sketchy.

It's not a possession limit. It's a daily limit on how much you can take, per day. Who cares what's in your freezer? No one is going to check your freezer. You can get so many deer tags a year. That means you can take that many deer a year. Doesn't mean that is all that can be in your freezer or jerky jar.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
In Ontario Whats in your freezer counts towards your possession limit. This guy sounds so sketchy.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
cmcdar wrote:
Jebby14 wrote:
side note: not sure where you are but around here that style of "fishing" brakes so many regulations. Our MNR would have had a field day with him and they can fine and impound EVERYTHING. it would have been awesome.

I'm in Georgia

Actually, we were at this campground back in December. These same people plus a few others were here doing the same thing. One guy even brought a FREEZER. They catch 10 or 20 per day. So one guy gets about 200 fish per 2 week stay.

I asked them what to they do with them all, sell them? No, they eat them! They must eat these fish EVERY DAY!

I have never seen a conervation officer or game warden so there is no one to stop them. (Accept a nesting Goose)

Perhaps it is legal in Georgia.

Depends on the type of fish and the creel limit. You can take 50 bream or 30 crappie a day....It takes a lot of bream to make a meal...lol
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Moore_RVers
Explorer
Explorer
John & Kathy
Maggie (Paparanian) Sammie (Blue Healer)
Virginia
Wildlife Up Close

Moore_RVers
Explorer
Explorer
And by that statement one could assume that OP should just deal with it. Well, he is renting the spot and doesn't want some schmuck walking through it. Believe it or not, not everyone is social nor do they really enjoy their paid-for-space being invaded.

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN

It's called respect. Some people just don't have it.
John & Kathy
Maggie (Paparanian) Sammie (Blue Healer)
Virginia
Wildlife Up Close

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
You asked him to not do it and he replied with a nasty remark. Notify management.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
side note: not sure where you are but around here that style of "fishing" brakes so many regulations. Our MNR would have had a field day with him and they can fine and impound EVERYTHING. it would have been awesome.

I'm in Georgia

Actually, we were at this campground back in December. These same people plus a few others were here doing the same thing. One guy even brought a FREEZER. They catch 10 or 20 per day. So one guy gets about 200 fish per 2 week stay.

I asked them what to they do with them all, sell them? No, they eat them! They must eat these fish EVERY DAY!

I have never seen a conervation officer or game warden so there is no one to stop them. (Accept a nesting Goose)

Perhaps it is legal in Georgia.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
cmcdar wrote:
Problem solved - Not only did he move his stuff, and an his fishing friend on the other side of him, both packed up everthing and left the park a week early!

MORAL of the story:

If asking politely does not work always have a nesting goose near by for backup.
That's great - at least you didn't have to look for cat poop to put in his path.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:

WHO walks under another's awning? I just don't get that ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad your problem is handled.

I once had a neighbor couple play cornhole, or butt hole, or whatever it's called under mine. I was so shocked at the lack of consideration it took me awhile to figure out how I was going to handle it.