cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
OK-touchy subject. We are following "our rig" around from hole to hole. As we leave fracking crews and a new gate guard move in. We are returning to a previous tract, and the rig wants us to come along. What happens to the gate guards on site? I don't want to bump anybody out of a job; so what is the usual process. Anybody know??
Mark Bass

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
rabajara wrote:
Dr Hardy it was. She got a shot of penicillin, vit.injection, finger up her butt, medicine for upset stomach and vitamins. She is still not feeling good today. If not better by monday bring her back. Has anyone beside me wonder what they would do if their pet died while out here ? I ask God to not let that happen while away from home. Thanks, for all the info./

We put a cat down and buried it. It was very difficult. I think I will have a vet cremate my pet next time.
Mark Bass

Bbasso
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen some pictures... Any more?

Thanks for the PMs!
I'll be looking into this asap, sounds real interesting ๐Ÿ™‚

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
Dr Hardy it was. She got a shot of penicillin, vit.injection, finger up her butt, medicine for upset stomach and vitamins. She is still not feeling good today. If not better by monday bring her back. Has anyone beside me wonder what they would do if their pet died while out here ? I ask God to not let that happen while away from home. Thanks, for all the info.
Bdasso, go to the blogs that has gate guard info on them. Give companies a call and ask them the questions you want answered. That is the best way to find out what you want to know. I have heard this time of the year they get busy again. There are a lot of gates in the summer months as a lot of us go north for a few months.

Bbasso
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I just read this entire thread and now I want a job as a GG. ๐Ÿ™‚

How do I go about getting in on your clan?

But with the stories of illegals, wild animals and strange areas I'm bring my Legal firearms and CWP. Will that hinder my chances of being hired if there are any GG spots available?
I wouldn't mind a PM lol thanks!!!

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
There are great vets in Nixon and Floresville-very reasonable. P.M. me if you want info.
Mark Bass

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it will be Dr Hardy as the phone # is the same. Her appointment is at 3:30 today.
When we move to a new place the first thing i do is look up a vet. Not worry about us, just the dog.
While at Wal-Mart yesterday i looked for a gate guard at the rig behind the store, i did not see one.
Reckon i should just move over there. Ok, so i will stay put; Who wants to be that close to Wal-Mart anyway ?
We took our dog to the vet in Shiner, when she got stung by a scorpion last Aug. He treated her really nice, even cleaned out her glands while she was there. Called a week later to see how she was doing.
Betty

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Vet in Kenedy. Dr. Hardy...phone is 830-583-9844.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
rabajara wrote:
Dog is going to the Vet today, sure hope she gets better treatment than what i got. Someone find a good dentist; just might go to one and come out with no teeth.
Betty

Betty, we use the Vet in Runge, real nice gal and knows her business, plus very reasonable. One of us will be taking Chiquita to the Vet in Runge within a week or two. For Dentist, there is 1 each in Three Rivers and George West that I have heard good reports about.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
I use one in Mexico. Have been with him for 3 years and others went to his dad about 50 years of people from this side using him.

PM me if interested. Also used one in Uvalde that was GREAT but expensive.
One I use is across from Del Rio, TX...so maybe too far.
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
I hope someone has used a dentist here close by. I need a check-up. The clinic i went to yesterday has me confused. In a ruin down part of town (i guess) i have not seen all of town yet. Paper work had a paper in there to prove your income. Now here is the kicker. The Doctor gave me Codeine syr for the cough. For the sinus infection nothing, they called in med for over the counter Calcium. Which i had already picked up. He did say i might have to come back; no not to that Doctor. I was wondering if he had ever been in the door of a medicial school. What i need to do is find where the locals hang out and ask some of them where a good Doctor is. Why do i feel so lost in this area ? Dog is going to the Vet today, sure hope she gets better treatment than what i got. Someone find a good dentist; just might go to one and come out with no teeth. Maybe they will put gold on my teeth. Have a good day.
Betty

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Got to l;ove this Fracing crew...we have had stuffed Quail plater,
and this BBQ Platter

and this steak plater. Wonder what we will have tonmorrow. They keep this caterer on retainer and they follow the Fracing crew and fix lunch and dinner every day. What a life. The best part is the company man tells them "Make sure my gate guards get a platter." Thanks Roy.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used a dentist in the Kenedy area?

wingerphil
Explorer
Explorer
Don/Shar wrote:
We were told to log every vehicle by license number, first name of the driver.
Let me know if you move, I still want to get out to see you. As Lebanonites I would like to meet.

sure will, hoping to stay here through fracking and beyond, maybe find out more in the next few days.
Met a single gate guard that just started down the road form us. He grew up in Lebanon, graduated form LHS in '74, left in mid 70's for the Army and settled here in Texas. We knew a lot of the same people. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Small world!
Phil
Our Blog
2002 Winnebago Journey
2007 Dodge Dakota "Toad"
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
There are several rigs in this area. We are on H & P 460 off 181. We are about 4 miles from Karnes. On a Marathon Gate.
Had to go into Karnes today to Karnes Community Health Center. I was looking for a Urgent Care or Walk-in-Clinic. The road into the clinic and neighborhood looks really run down. They called in one med and here it is 4 hrs later and Wal-Mart does not have the pres, yet. Steaks tonight and DH,is cooking them.

Betty