cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Information Discussion for Gate Guards

mdbass
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I'd start a new topic for Gate Guards to use for comments. Like the moderator suggested-keep technical stuff, recipes, mechanical, etc. where they belong. Lets hear from everyone sucking down that caliche dust.
Mark Bass
1,262 REPLIES 1,262

firedoc
Explorer
Explorer
Im sure further information on this would be greatly appreciated by many!
'06' 38L Fleetwood Bounder
6 speed Allison
300 Cat
2012 GMC Terrain
Roadmaster baseplate
Ready Brute Tow Bar
And M&G brake system

GGup
Explorer
Explorer
I heard from a LOMA GG that he was going to PA as they pay $400 a day.

So that is my 2 cents worth.
RUBY 2, 04' Born Free 24RB
37 CKSLS Cameo by Carriage
'08 Ford F450 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.4Diesel
4.88 Gears AT, SCTLivewire
B&W Companion hitch
I'm a BSG'er!! Only 3 RULES:
Have a "B", Had a "B", or Want a "B"!!

arft
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.drillingahead.com/
:B

arft
Explorer
Explorer
Blondie Girl wrote:
When I traveled Hwy 181 going to San Antonio Monday, I saw a few rigs and also fracing sites along the Hwy above Karnes City. Are these all Marathon sites? Looks pretty busy in that area.
Go to drilling ahead it will show all rigs working they list all rigs state by state and go to tx they show drilling or riging down Marathon had four running last week
:B

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
The main thing that dictates the need for a gate guard is the land owner and how the lease is structured. Because of the many ranches here in the southwest, and the ranchers desire to know who is on his property, most leases in TX, OK, LA, NM and some of CO require a gate guard. In WY and ND, it is mostly public lands and not many gate guards are required, but there are some on the ranches. I'm not sure how the leases are structured in PA and OH, but bet they don't worry about a gate guard so much up there.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

mike4947
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a question: All the gate guarding seems to be in Texas. Does anyone know about other states, like PA with the big shale drilling going on?
blog.rv.net Your daily guide to the Open Road

Subscribe to the daily digest

They say you learn by your mistakes, in that case I must be a genius.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
We are a construction site, so don't normally get the catered meals and salesman perks, that a drilling gate gets. However, today Pioneer had a big meeting here on site and they had lunch brought in for the company people and included us.....was great for a change.

Last Friday was the scheduled completion and turnover date for this gas plant. Guess what, the general contractor is not even close to completion. Today, the general contractor company, out of the upper Midwest, sent a NEW project manager, to relieve the one that hasn't done the job.....:B...That is a complete turnover of all on-site Fagen upper management since 1 Jan. It is fun to set here and watch the finger pointing, but Pioneer owns the site and their finger will be the last one pointing....LOL.

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.

rabajara
Explorer
Explorer
We are about 4 miles out of Karnes City and our gate is Marathon.
We are right off of 181. We got 2 steaks dinners with mashed pot, green beans, salad & roll. Plus two apple cobblers with ice cream. Our rig is drilling. We are also getting all the water we want. In jugs & small bottles. So far so good.

Betty

Blondie_Girl
Explorer
Explorer
When I traveled Hwy 181 going to San Antonio Monday, I saw a few rigs and also fracing sites along the Hwy above Karnes City. Are these all Marathon sites? Looks pretty busy in that area.

cheezkween
Explorer
Explorer
mike4947 wrote:
I looked around some but couldn't find an answer to what the actual qualifications for gate guarding are. Are there different levels, a test, or what?

In Texas, you must take a written test, get fingerprinted and checked for felonies, and hand over about $75 to the state of Texas.

Normally, the company you hire on with administers the test and does the fingerprinting and background checks. Your license as a Level 2 Security Guard is transferable to any company in Texas.

It takes several weeks for the state to get your paperwork back to you, but the gate guard companies will usually go ahead and put you on a gate if one becomes available before your license is back, as long as everything is in train.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
You have to be a licensed Texas, level 2 security officer and it requires a written test.

mike4947
Explorer
Explorer
I looked around some but couldn't find an answer to what the actual qualifications for gate guarding are. Are there different levels, a test, or what?
blog.rv.net Your daily guide to the Open Road

Subscribe to the daily digest

They say you learn by your mistakes, in that case I must be a genius.

Bbasso
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS!!

cheezkween
Explorer
Explorer
Just posted on another forum:

Red Horse Protection, Inc. is also hiring in Texas.
We expanded our security services to gas well sites in 2010 and we're currently looking for RVers interested in gate guard work.
Send your note of interest and any questions to sales@redhorseprotection.com and we will be in contact shortly.

Please include the following:
Name
Phone number
Whether you are currently licensed in Texas
If you have ever worked as a gate guard

We also have individual guard positions available. These positions are 12 hour shifts and are typically in a guard shack. You do not need an RV for these positions.

usnret
Explorer
Explorer
Check on some of the "Single RVer" forums to see if you can get a work partner. People do it for apts! Same concept. Good Luck.
USNRET
Jim & Judy
2009 Ram 3500 Dually LB
2011 Cardinal 3425RT
The Meandering Maddox's Blog
The Call to Serve

"Heaven must need a hero"